Jun 19, 2014, 8:31 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Shelly Sterling went to court Wednesday trying to get a judge to force her husband Donald from harassing psychologists and attorneys that stripped him of his power in the Donald Sterling Trust. The judge told them all to tone the rhetoric down. Judges get annoyed by lawyers looking to try the case through the press.
Here is what really matters: Donald Sterling got his own doctors to do their own tests and according to his attorney (via Ramona Shelburne) they found out he is capable of administering the trust. (The Sterling Family Trust owns the Clippers and Shelly had Donald declared incapacitated, then as the only trustee she agreed to sell the team to Steve Ballmer for $2 billion.) Basically, on July 7-10 a probate judge decides whose doctors are right (with a third set of doctors involved?). If she wins the team is sold. If he wins the other owners go back to Plan A, vote him out and then the team is sold. Same outcome either way.
• Still, you should listen to the Donald Sterling voicemails to the doctors who stripped him of his trusteeship. He’s a bully and it shows here.
• Ramona Shelburne of ESPN wrote the best post yet on the Sterling saga, with all the history. Best thing you’ll read today. It’s brilliant.
• You know how during the NBA Finals Charles Barkley liked to rant about the Heat players forming their own super team? He tried to do the same thing.
• At his press conference Thursday, Pat Riley made it sound like the Heat plan to bring back Long Beach State’s own James Ennis from Australia and have him as part of the team next season. I heard that from other sources during the Finals. He’s athletic and a good fit for their bench.
• The brother of the Greek Freak, Thanasis Antetokounmpo, is working out for teams. He’s not his brother but he might develop, worth a second round pick.
• Memphis acquired a 2015 second-round pick from the Nuggets.
• Vlade Divac wants to get back in the NBA in a front office role.
Nov 23, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
The Pelicans are now without two starters.
Nov 23, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
Combination of a lower price tag and a more diverse overall skill set may explain why.
Nov 23, 2014, 9:30 AM EST
When he uses his athleticism to get to the rim good things happen.
Nov 23, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
“This is not even the lowest it’s going to get for us.” —LeBron James
Nov 23, 2014, 1:04 AM EST
There was nothing the Utah Jazz could do.
Nov 22, 2014, 11:30 PM EST
Adam Silver has said it should happen, and Cuban agrees.
Nov 22, 2014, 10:00 PM EST
Leonard missed time with an eye infection.
Nov 22, 2014, 8:30 PM EST
Dunleavy says he was just trying to foul to stop the clock. Watch and decide for yourself.
Nov 22, 2014, 7:06 PM EST
With him and starting power forward Terrence Jones out, the Rockets are very thin up front.
Nov 22, 2014, 6:30 PM EST
Detroit is next to last in field goal percentage on the season.
Nov 22, 2014, 5:00 PM EST
Toronto won by 42 points, so this only matters if you had a certain Milwaukee player on your fantasy team.
Nov 22, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
Mike James or Will Bynum could be added to the roster for a short stint.
Nov 22, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
Bledsoe says the Sixers warned him before the game that he would be targeted for his previous comments.
Nov 22, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
X-rays were negative but he is going to miss some time.
Nov 22, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
Both are expected to participate in parts of Saturday’s practice.
Nov 22, 2014, 9:30 AM EST
Nov 22, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
George is trying to get back on the court before the season is finished.
Nov 22, 2014, 1:56 AM EST
I missed JaVale McGee last year.
Nov 22, 2014, 12:01 AM EST
LeBron with a nice highlight package early in Friday’s contest against the Wizards.
Nov 21, 2014, 10:45 PM EST
Bledsoe said yesterday that Philadelphia would lose to a college team.
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 25
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 2
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8