Jun 19, 2014, 12:58 AM EST
We told you earlier today that Denver was in on the bidding for Kevin Love, a surprise new entrant in the bidding mix with Golden State, Chicago, Boston and likely a few others. The more interesting part is that the Timberwolves were looking for players, not just picks.
What players would Denver offer?
A couple of their own players and one belonging to the Orlando Magic, according to Steve Bulpett of the Boston Herald.
Kenneth Faried makes sense in this deal, he is a quality young player but one Denver has been hesitant to give a large new contract to. Wilson Chandler… balances out salary and is a solid role player.
But making a trade to acquire Arron Afflalo is a new twist. Afflalo is a quality two guard who shot 42.7 percent from three last season, can put the ball on the floor and create, and is still a quality defender. He led the Magic in scoring last year but what he really needs to be is not a No. 1 option but a second or third option on a very good team. I can get why the Timberwolves would want him, he would fit well next to Ricky Rubio in the backcourt.
Still, Love has not said he would re-sign or even opt in for the Nuggets, they would be taking a risk.
[RELATED: Why Boston’s offer for Kevin Love fell short]
Which is why someone may leak them as more as leverage than as them actually being in the mix.
There are a lot of rumors floating around, from ridiculous Cleveland rumors (sorry, I just do not buy them, don’t match what I hear) to just about countless others.
Between now and the draft in just more than a week a lot more rumors are coming and a lot more changes in that order (if that is even accurate). It’s going to be a wild week (and at the end of it the Timberwolves could decide to hold off and make the trade later this summer if they don’t).
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 31
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10