Jun 19, 2014, 12:58 AM EDT
We told you earlier today that Denver was in on the bidding for Kevin Love, a surprise new entrant in the bidding mix with Golden State, Chicago, Boston and likely a few others. The more interesting part is that the Timberwolves were looking for players, not just picks.
What players would Denver offer?
A couple of their own players and one belonging to the Orlando Magic, according to Steve Bulpett of the Boston Herald.
Kenneth Faried makes sense in this deal, he is a quality young player but one Denver has been hesitant to give a large new contract to. Wilson Chandler… balances out salary and is a solid role player.
But making a trade to acquire Arron Afflalo is a new twist. Afflalo is a quality two guard who shot 42.7 percent from three last season, can put the ball on the floor and create, and is still a quality defender. He led the Magic in scoring last year but what he really needs to be is not a No. 1 option but a second or third option on a very good team. I can get why the Timberwolves would want him, he would fit well next to Ricky Rubio in the backcourt.
Still, Love has not said he would re-sign or even opt in for the Nuggets, they would be taking a risk.
[RELATED: Why Boston’s offer for Kevin Love fell short]
Which is why someone may leak them as more as leverage than as them actually being in the mix.
There are a lot of rumors floating around, from ridiculous Cleveland rumors (sorry, I just do not buy them, don’t match what I hear) to just about countless others.
Between now and the draft in just more than a week a lot more rumors are coming and a lot more changes in that order (if that is even accurate). It’s going to be a wild week (and at the end of it the Timberwolves could decide to hold off and make the trade later this summer if they don’t).
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 8
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 34
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 82
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 57
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19