Jun 19, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Picks: 2, 31, 36, 48
Needs: EVERYTHING. The 76ers finished with four more wins than Milwaukee. The 76ers!
The Bucks’ top prospect is Giannis Antetokounmpo, but even he’s not good enough to justify taking anyone other than the best player available. Besides, his best position could end up anywhere between point guard and power forward. He could play with anyone.
Take the best player available.
Trade possibilities: If the Cavaliers don’t pounce first, Maybe Milwaukee can trade down with Philadelphia so the 76ers can get Wiggins. If the Bucks prefer Wiggins for themselves, it’s probably not worth it. But if they want someone else, a well-executed bluff could net extra assets.
Otherwise, not much is cooking, though that could always change before draft night.
Predictions: The Bucks have worked or will work out Embiid, Wiggins, Parker and Dante Exum. Milwaukee is clearly doing its homework, analyzing the consensus top three prospects and even glimpsing the intriguing Exum.
If the Cavaliers take him Embiid No. 1, Milwaukee could go with Parker or Wiggins. The Bucks seems to be trending toward Parker, but they needn’t pass on Wiggins just because Wiggins to Philadelphia is such a hot plan. This simple fact gets lost as mock drafts overwhelm this time of year, but Milwaukee has no obligation to help fulfill a narrative lower in the draft.
Exum at No. 2 is a longshot, though a possibility.
The Bucks could trade a second rounder, but they’re probably better off using all three on cheap talent – maybe even drafting and stashing – and rebuilding in earnest. That’s long overdue.
As long as they don’t draft Parker over Wiggins because Parker’s hometown of Chicago is closer to Milwaukee, they’re doing alright.
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 0
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 17
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 6
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7