Jun 18, 2014, 4:57 PM EDT
It happens every year, we don’t get to revel in the success of the champions as long as they deserve because the NBA Draft and free agency decisions fall weeks later and all attention turns to them.
The amazing Kay Adams and I take up the topics in this latest PBT Extra. Anthony will opt out and I think if he’s willing to take a pay cut to win, Chicago is the best call. Houston falls short primarily because it is in the stacked West. Tim Duncan is not going to retire.
LeBron probably will opt out, but only to help Miami. Kay asks me where he might land, and he could in theory go win a lot of places (he is the world’s best player) but none more likely than winning in Miami. Plus if he leaves again it’s another PR hit on an image he has worked hard to rebuild.
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 16
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10