Jun 18, 2014, 4:57 PM EDT
It happens every year, we don’t get to revel in the success of the champions as long as they deserve because the NBA Draft and free agency decisions fall weeks later and all attention turns to them.
The amazing Kay Adams and I take up the topics in this latest PBT Extra. Anthony will opt out and I think if he’s willing to take a pay cut to win, Chicago is the best call. Houston falls short primarily because it is in the stacked West. Tim Duncan is not going to retire.
LeBron probably will opt out, but only to help Miami. Kay asks me where he might land, and he could in theory go win a lot of places (he is the world’s best player) but none more likely than winning in Miami. Plus if he leaves again it’s another PR hit on an image he has worked hard to rebuild.
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 12
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 5
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 28