Jun 18, 2014, 4:57 PM EST
It happens every year, we don’t get to revel in the success of the champions as long as they deserve because the NBA Draft and free agency decisions fall weeks later and all attention turns to them.
The amazing Kay Adams and I take up the topics in this latest PBT Extra. Anthony will opt out and I think if he’s willing to take a pay cut to win, Chicago is the best call. Houston falls short primarily because it is in the stacked West. Tim Duncan is not going to retire.
LeBron probably will opt out, but only to help Miami. Kay asks me where he might land, and he could in theory go win a lot of places (he is the world’s best player) but none more likely than winning in Miami. Plus if he leaves again it’s another PR hit on an image he has worked hard to rebuild.
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 0
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20