Kevin Durant on besmirching Kawhi Leonard: ‘I apologize(I really don’t)’

Jun 18, 2014, 11:06 AM EDT

Kawhi Leonard, Kevin Durant Kawhi Leonard, Kevin Durant

Kevin Durant just invites controversy on the internet.

The Thunder star had online run-ins with The Game and Lil B – and rappers don’t seem to be the main problem. It might just be Durant.

After Kawhi Leonard won NBA Finals MVP, Durant tweeted (since deleted, but captured in screen shot) about Leonard in relation to Paul George:

Plenty of people – many Spurs fans, I’m sure – rejected Durant’s characterization. So, he addressed the complaints on Facebook:

This the last time I’m gonna talk about this. I did not hate on Kawhi Leonard , quite honestly If you knew me or been around me, you would see how excited I was for such a young humble guy. But this world loves conflict I see. I really gave major props to coach pop and the whole staff for putting those guys in great positions to be successful. I’ve realized u can’t say anything about a champion so if I hurt anybody’s feelings I apologize(I really don’t) but u get my drift

There’s no need for Durant to apologize, and I’m glad he did didn’t. He’s entitled to believe one player is better than another.

I compared Leonard and George a couple times during The Finals. Their similarities are interesting.

Durant could have just claimed he was rejecting the “all day” aspect of the Leonard-over-George argument. To claim one is definitely more valuable than the other is fairly ridiculous.

Instead, we get “I apologize(I really don’t)” – which is an even better response.

Latest Posts
  1. Video: Tyler Johnson hits Summer League game-winner for Heat with .4 on clock

Jul 6, 2015, 12:28 AM EDT

Brooklyn Nets v Miami Heat Brooklyn Nets v Miami Heat

Whether regular season or Summer League, we love us some buzzer beaters.

2. Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young

Jul 5, 2015, 8:59 PM EDT

Brandon Bass, Paul Pierce, Shaun Livingston AP

The Lakers will need to move Young to clear the cap space for their other moves.

3. Report: Cleveland Cavaliers considering trade for Joe Johnson

Jul 5, 2015, 6:00 PM EDT

New York Knicks v Brooklyn Nets

Dan Gilbert is not afraid to write checks.

4. LeBron James stays on sidelines while Cavaliers, Tristan Thompson talks stall out

Jul 5, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT

lebronthompson Getty Images

LeBron is going to win, Tristan Thompson is going to get his money.

5. Report: Tobias Harris turned down max contract offer from Kings

Jul 5, 2015, 11:00 AM EDT

Brooklyn Nets v Orlando Magic Getty Images

Another guy who took less money to avoid playing in Sacramento.

6. Report: JaVale McGee ‘a serious consideration’ for Clippers

Jul 5, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT

Indiana Pacers v Philadelphia 76ers Getty Images

L.A. is all kinds of desperate now that DeAndre Jordan has bolted for the Mavericks.

7. LaMarcus Aldridge thanks Portland fans in letter

Jul 5, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT

LaMarcus Aldridge LaMarcus Aldridge

How will Blazers fans react when Aldridge returns?

8. Jordan McRae shatters backboard at Sixers practice

Jul 4, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT

Delaware 87ers v Oklahoma City Blue Getty Images

McRae was the 58th overall pick in the 2014 draft, and is a member of Philadelphia’s Summer League squad.

9. Report: Jeremey Lin considering signing with Dallas Mavericks

Jul 4, 2015, 8:00 PM EDT

Phoenix Suns v Los Angeles Lakers Phoenix Suns v Los Angeles Lakers

He would have to take a paycut, but Dallas needs help at the point.

10. Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week