Kevin Durant on besmirching Kawhi Leonard: ‘I apologize(I really don’t)’

Jun 18, 2014, 11:06 AM EDT

Kawhi Leonard, Kevin Durant Kawhi Leonard, Kevin Durant

Kevin Durant just invites controversy on the internet.

The Thunder star had online run-ins with The Game and Lil B – and rappers don’t seem to be the main problem. It might just be Durant.

After Kawhi Leonard won NBA Finals MVP, Durant tweeted (since deleted, but captured in screen shot) about Leonard in relation to Paul George:

Plenty of people – many Spurs fans, I’m sure – rejected Durant’s characterization. So, he addressed the complaints on Facebook:

This the last time I’m gonna talk about this. I did not hate on Kawhi Leonard , quite honestly If you knew me or been around me, you would see how excited I was for such a young humble guy. But this world loves conflict I see. I really gave major props to coach pop and the whole staff for putting those guys in great positions to be successful. I’ve realized u can’t say anything about a champion so if I hurt anybody’s feelings I apologize(I really don’t) but u get my drift

There’s no need for Durant to apologize, and I’m glad he did didn’t. He’s entitled to believe one player is better than another.

I compared Leonard and George a couple times during The Finals. Their similarities are interesting.

Durant could have just claimed he was rejecting the “all day” aspect of the Leonard-over-George argument. To claim one is definitely more valuable than the other is fairly ridiculous.

Instead, we get “I apologize(I really don’t)” – which is an even better response.

Latest Posts
  1. Report: Chris Paul to attend Team USA minicamp

Aug 1, 2015, 3:30 PM EDT

Chris Paul, Ray McCallum Chris Paul, Ray McCallum

Paul is still in the running for a spot on the 2016 Olympic team.

2. Raptors’ GM Masai Ujiri sees Bismack Biyombo as key part of roster transformation

Aug 1, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT

Detroit Pistons v Charlotte Hornets Getty Images

Biyombo has worked with Hakeem Olajuwon this summer on post moves, other parts of his game.

3. Nets finally taking responsible path to rebuilding, don’t expect another spending spree next summer

Aug 1, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT

Brooklyn Nets Deron Williams Paul Pierce Kevin Garnett Getty Images

The Nets will be paying the price for their win-now era for a few years to come still.

4. Report: Dwight Howard to attend Team USA mini-camp after all

Aug 1, 2015, 1:11 AM EDT

Dwight Howard AP

This is the right move, whether he decides to play in Rio or not.

5. Watch Karl-Anthony Towns highlights from Summer League

Jul 31, 2015, 11:08 PM EDT

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwu3mmzjztazntu1ogzhywnkzju2otmyzgnloty5otbl1 AP

He looks like a guy who can live up to the No. 1 pick billing.

6. Pelicans waive Toney Douglas, still await Norris Cole decision

Jul 31, 2015, 10:26 PM EDT

Utah Jazz v New Orleans Pelicans Getty Images

Norris Cole is still looking for a bigger payday.

7. Pacers’ Jordan Hill arrested for reckless driving, clocked at 107 mph

Jul 31, 2015, 7:15 PM EDT

Phoenix Suns v Los Angeles Lakers Getty Images

Hill told the police he was “in a hurry.” I guess so.

8. Warriors trade Gerald Wallace to Philadelphia in exchange for Jason Thompson

Jul 31, 2015, 7:01 PM EDT

Dallas Mavericks v Sacramento Kings Getty Images

Neither guy is going to make a difference on the court for these teams. This was just moving some money around.

9. Trail Blazers guarantee Allen Crabbe’s contract for next season

Jul 31, 2015, 5:46 PM EDT

LV Celtics v Trailblazers Getty Images

Crabbe looked good in Las Vegas at Summer League.

10. Report: Hedo Turkoglu wants to play anther NBA season, Kings possiblity

Jul 31, 2015, 4:59 PM EDT

Washington Wizards v Los Angeles Clippers Getty Images

The Kings don’t really have the roster spot for him.

11. Grizzlies’ D-League affiliate hires female assistant coach

Jul 31, 2015, 4:11 PM EDT

NBA.com NBA.com

Iowa Energy add Nicki Gross to coaching staff

Top 10 NBA Player Searches
  1. K. Bryant (2709)
  2. B. Haywood (2029)
  3. M. Miller (1896)
  4. I. Thomas (1871)
  5. L. James (1838)
  1. N. Young (1714)
  2. J. Smith (1698)
  3. T. Thompson (1622)
  4. S. Napier (1621)
  5. G. Robinson III (1514)