Kevin Durant on besmirching Kawhi Leonard: ‘I apologize(I really don’t)’

Jun 18, 2014, 11:06 AM EDT

Kawhi Leonard, Kevin Durant Kawhi Leonard, Kevin Durant

Kevin Durant just invites controversy on the internet.

The Thunder star had online run-ins with The Game and Lil B – and rappers don’t seem to be the main problem. It might just be Durant.

After Kawhi Leonard won NBA Finals MVP, Durant tweeted (since deleted, but captured in screen shot) about Leonard in relation to Paul George:

Plenty of people – many Spurs fans, I’m sure – rejected Durant’s characterization. So, he addressed the complaints on Facebook:

This the last time I’m gonna talk about this. I did not hate on Kawhi Leonard , quite honestly If you knew me or been around me, you would see how excited I was for such a young humble guy. But this world loves conflict I see. I really gave major props to coach pop and the whole staff for putting those guys in great positions to be successful. I’ve realized u can’t say anything about a champion so if I hurt anybody’s feelings I apologize(I really don’t) but u get my drift

There’s no need for Durant to apologize, and I’m glad he did didn’t. He’s entitled to believe one player is better than another.

I compared Leonard and George a couple times during The Finals. Their similarities are interesting.

Durant could have just claimed he was rejecting the “all day” aspect of the Leonard-over-George argument. To claim one is definitely more valuable than the other is fairly ridiculous.

Instead, we get “I apologize(I really don’t)” – which is an even better response.

Latest Posts
  1. Jarrett Jack fires back at Paul Pierce after Deron Williams’ breakout Game 4 performance

Apr 28, 2015, 11:10 AM EDT

Deron Williams, Paul Pierce AP

Williams silenced his critics with a 35-point outing, and Jack had some words for Pierce afterward.

2. Jason Kidd makes aggressive timeout call late in Bucks’ win over Bulls (VIDEO)

Apr 28, 2015, 9:50 AM EDT

Milwaukee Bucks v Chicago Bulls - Game Five Getty Images

Kidd jumped up and down to make sure to get the timeout he wanted.

3. PBT Extra: Rockets must adjust to new Mavericks starting lineup in Game 5

Apr 28, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT

Dirk Nowitzki, J.J. Barea Dirk Nowitzki, J.J. Barea

Houston needs to make adjustments to the new Dallas starting lineup.

4. Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series

Apr 28, 2015, 2:13 AM EDT

Memphis Grizzlies v Portland Trail Blazers - Game Four Getty Images

Without Mike Conley to check him Damian Lillard ran free.

5. PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time

Apr 27, 2015, 9:01 PM EDT

Toronto Raptors v Washington Wizards - Game Four Toronto Raptors v Washington Wizards - Game Four

Washington’s averaged defender distance to the Toronto shooter was 3.55 feet, the closest defense any team played in the first round of the playoffs.

6. Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery

Apr 27, 2015, 7:58 PM EDT

Dallas Mavericks v Houston Rockets- Game One Getty Images

The doctor will decide if microfracture is needed while doing a scope.

7. Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head

Apr 27, 2015, 7:17 PM EDT

Cleveland Cavaliers Vs. Boston Celtics At TD Garden Getty Images

The Cavs will be without two starters for the first two games of next round.

8. PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check

Apr 27, 2015, 6:59 PM EDT

Golden State Warriors v New Orleans Pelicans - Game Four Getty Images

Davis was +35 when playing while Green sat, -55 while Green was on the court at the same time.

9. Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls)

Apr 27, 2015, 6:22 PM EDT

Cleveland Cavaliers v Boston Celtics - Game Four Getty Images

He would have been key against the Bulls to help space the floor.

10. Quote of the Day: Kelly Olynyk on Cavaliers fans

Apr 27, 2015, 5:45 PM EDT

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwzjymvhyzgwzgy5njixztvmzwrlzgzmymqxyza3ytg52 AP

Olynyk finds common ground with Clevelanders

11. PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron got his shots despite good Celtics defense

Apr 27, 2015, 4:59 PM EDT

LeBron James, Gerald Wallace LeBron James, Gerald Wallace

Stats show Boston defended LeBron well, he just hit the shots anyway.

12. PBT Extra: For how long should J.R. Smith be suspended?

Apr 27, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT

Cleveland Cavaliers Vs. Boston Celtics At TD Garden Getty Images

I say Smith should get at least three games.

13. Grizzlies’ Mike Conley has surgery to repair face, likely 48 hours before timetable

Apr 27, 2015, 3:44 PM EDT

Mike Conley Mike Conley

They need the swelling to go down to get a sense of his return,

Boston defended LeBron well, it didn't matter
Top 10 NBA Player Searches