Kevin Durant on besmirching Kawhi Leonard: ‘I apologize(I really don’t)’

Jun 18, 2014, 11:06 AM EDT

Kawhi Leonard, Kevin Durant Kawhi Leonard, Kevin Durant

Kevin Durant just invites controversy on the internet.

The Thunder star had online run-ins with The Game and Lil B – and rappers don’t seem to be the main problem. It might just be Durant.

After Kawhi Leonard won NBA Finals MVP, Durant tweeted (since deleted, but captured in screen shot) about Leonard in relation to Paul George:

Plenty of people – many Spurs fans, I’m sure – rejected Durant’s characterization. So, he addressed the complaints on Facebook:

This the last time I’m gonna talk about this. I did not hate on Kawhi Leonard , quite honestly If you knew me or been around me, you would see how excited I was for such a young humble guy. But this world loves conflict I see. I really gave major props to coach pop and the whole staff for putting those guys in great positions to be successful. I’ve realized u can’t say anything about a champion so if I hurt anybody’s feelings I apologize(I really don’t) but u get my drift

There’s no need for Durant to apologize, and I’m glad he did didn’t. He’s entitled to believe one player is better than another.

I compared Leonard and George a couple times during The Finals. Their similarities are interesting.

Durant could have just claimed he was rejecting the “all day” aspect of the Leonard-over-George argument. To claim one is definitely more valuable than the other is fairly ridiculous.

Instead, we get “I apologize(I really don’t)” – which is an even better response.

Latest Posts
  1. Mavericks considering signing-and-trading Tyson Chandler for DeAndre Jordan

May 28, 2015, 1:30 PM EDT

DeAndre Jordan, Tyson Chandler AP

Clippers center reportedly interested in signing with Dallas

2. Jared Dudley on Kevin Love: ‘If you leave LeBron, there’s something’s wrong’

May 28, 2015, 12:55 PM EDT

Jared Dudley, Kevin Love AP

Kevin Love might leave the Cavaliers in free agency. Cleveland fans, if history is any indication, wouldn’t treat him well if he does. What would Love’s peers think? Colin Cowherd asked Jared Dudley – whom you might remember from saying players avoid Kobe Bryant Bryant and calling Carmelo Anthony the NBA’s most overrated player –…

3. Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau

May 28, 2015, 12:17 PM EDT

Cleveland at Chicago, Game 6 Getty Images

Bulls owner Jerry Reinsforf: ‘There must be free and open interdepartmental discussion and consideration of everyone’s ideas and opinions. These internal discussions must not be considered an invasion of turf, and must remain private.’

4. Report: Melvin Hunt frontrunner for Nuggets job

May 28, 2015, 10:41 AM EDT

Denver Nuggets v Los Angeles Clippers Getty Images

Denver reportedly has not interviewed Mike D’Antoni

5. Report: Scott Skiles also being considered for Pelicans job

May 28, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT

150523_skiles Getty Images

He would help the defense, but I’m not sure about the fit.

6. Klay Thompson showing “concussion-like symptoms” following knee to head

May 28, 2015, 2:55 AM EDT

Klay Thompson Klay Thompson

This is where the week off until the Finals tip off benefits the Warriors.

7. Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that?

May 28, 2015, 1:49 AM EDT

Golden State Warriors v Houston Rockets - Game Four Getty Images

Houston won 56 games, secured No. 2 seed in powerful Western Conference and won more playoff series than its previous 17 years combined

8. Jared Dudley calls Carmelo Anthony the NBA’s most overrated player

May 27, 2015, 8:59 PM EDT

BASKET-GBR-USA-NBA-MILWAUKEE-NY Getty Images

First Kobe, now Melo – Dudley goes scorched earth

9. PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals

May 27, 2015, 8:12 PM EDT

Cleveland Cavaliers V Atlanta Hawks - Game Four Cleveland Cavaliers V Atlanta Hawks - Game Four

The Cavaliers are allowing 98.5 points per 100 possession in the playoffs, the best of the four teams to reach the conference Finals

Despite ending, Hawks had season to remember
Top 10 NBA Player Searches