Kevin Durant on besmirching Kawhi Leonard: ‘I apologize(I really don’t)’

Jun 18, 2014, 11:06 AM EDT

Kawhi Leonard, Kevin Durant Kawhi Leonard, Kevin Durant

Kevin Durant just invites controversy on the internet.

The Thunder star had online run-ins with The Game and Lil B – and rappers don’t seem to be the main problem. It might just be Durant.

After Kawhi Leonard won NBA Finals MVP, Durant tweeted (since deleted, but captured in screen shot) about Leonard in relation to Paul George:

Plenty of people – many Spurs fans, I’m sure – rejected Durant’s characterization. So, he addressed the complaints on Facebook:

This the last time I’m gonna talk about this. I did not hate on Kawhi Leonard , quite honestly If you knew me or been around me, you would see how excited I was for such a young humble guy. But this world loves conflict I see. I really gave major props to coach pop and the whole staff for putting those guys in great positions to be successful. I’ve realized u can’t say anything about a champion so if I hurt anybody’s feelings I apologize(I really don’t) but u get my drift

There’s no need for Durant to apologize, and I’m glad he did didn’t. He’s entitled to believe one player is better than another.

I compared Leonard and George a couple times during The Finals. Their similarities are interesting.

Durant could have just claimed he was rejecting the “all day” aspect of the Leonard-over-George argument. To claim one is definitely more valuable than the other is fairly ridiculous.

Instead, we get “I apologize(I really don’t)” – which is an even better response.