Kevin Durant on besmirching Kawhi Leonard: ‘I apologize(I really don’t)’

Jun 18, 2014, 11:06 AM EST

Kawhi Leonard, Kevin Durant Kawhi Leonard, Kevin Durant

Kevin Durant just invites controversy on the internet.

The Thunder star had online run-ins with The Game and Lil B – and rappers don’t seem to be the main problem. It might just be Durant.

After Kawhi Leonard won NBA Finals MVP, Durant tweeted (since deleted, but captured in screen shot) about Leonard in relation to Paul George:

Plenty of people – many Spurs fans, I’m sure – rejected Durant’s characterization. So, he addressed the complaints on Facebook:

This the last time I’m gonna talk about this. I did not hate on Kawhi Leonard , quite honestly If you knew me or been around me, you would see how excited I was for such a young humble guy. But this world loves conflict I see. I really gave major props to coach pop and the whole staff for putting those guys in great positions to be successful. I’ve realized u can’t say anything about a champion so if I hurt anybody’s feelings I apologize(I really don’t) but u get my drift

There’s no need for Durant to apologize, and I’m glad he did didn’t. He’s entitled to believe one player is better than another.

I compared Leonard and George a couple times during The Finals. Their similarities are interesting.

Durant could have just claimed he was rejecting the “all day” aspect of the Leonard-over-George argument. To claim one is definitely more valuable than the other is fairly ridiculous.

Instead, we get “I apologize(I really don’t)” – which is an even better response.

Latest Posts
  1. Andrea Bargnani out indefinitely after suffering calf strain

Nov 23, 2014, 2:01 PM EST

Andrea Bargnani Andrea Bargnani

Bargnani was close to a return from his hamstring injury.

2. Report: Free agent market for Jeff Green is as strong ‘if not stronger’ than it is for Rajon Rondo

Nov 23, 2014, 11:00 AM EST

Jeff Green Jeff Green

Combination of a lower price tag and a more diverse overall skill set may explain why.

3. Andrew Wiggins drops career high 29 on Sacramento (VIDEO)

Nov 23, 2014, 9:30 AM EST

Sacramento Kings v Minnesota Timberwolves Getty Images

When he uses his athleticism to get to the rim good things happen.

4. LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now”

Nov 23, 2014, 8:00 AM EST

Toronto Raptors v Cleveland Cavaliers Getty Images

“This is not even the lowest it’s going to get for us.” —LeBron James

5. Anthony Davis goes off for 43 points (VIDEO)

Nov 23, 2014, 1:04 AM EST

Anthony Davis Anthony Davis

There was nothing the Utah Jazz could do.

6. Damian Lillard on flagrant foul from Bulls’ Mike Dunleavy: ‘It was a cheap play’

Nov 22, 2014, 8:30 PM EST

Chicago Bulls v Portland Trail Blazers Chicago Bulls v Portland Trail Blazers

Dunleavy says he was just trying to foul to stop the clock. Watch and decide for yourself.

7. Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return

Nov 22, 2014, 7:06 PM EST

San Antonio Spurs v Houston Rockets San Antonio Spurs v Houston Rockets

With him and starting power forward Terrence Jones out, the Rockets are very thin up front.

8. Brandon Jennings on reason for Pistons’ offensive woes: ‘We don’t shoot in practice’

Nov 22, 2014, 6:30 PM EST

Brandon Jennings AP

Detroit is next to last in field goal percentage on the season.

9. NBA corrects scoring error from Raptors’ win over Bucks

Nov 22, 2014, 5:00 PM EST

Milwaukee Bucks v Brooklyn Nets Getty Images

Toronto won by 42 points, so this only matters if you had a certain Milwaukee player on your fantasy team.

10. If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster

Nov 22, 2014, 3:30 PM EST

US-BKN-NBA-BULLS-CLIPPERS US-BKN-NBA-BULLS-CLIPPERS

Mike James or Will Bynum could be added to the roster for a short stint.

Can Rockets, Grizzlies keep up hot starts?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches