Kevin Durant on besmirching Kawhi Leonard: ‘I apologize(I really don’t)’

Jun 18, 2014, 11:06 AM EDT

Kawhi Leonard, Kevin Durant Kawhi Leonard, Kevin Durant

Kevin Durant just invites controversy on the internet.

The Thunder star had online run-ins with The Game and Lil B – and rappers don’t seem to be the main problem. It might just be Durant.

After Kawhi Leonard won NBA Finals MVP, Durant tweeted (since deleted, but captured in screen shot) about Leonard in relation to Paul George:

Plenty of people – many Spurs fans, I’m sure – rejected Durant’s characterization. So, he addressed the complaints on Facebook:

This the last time I’m gonna talk about this. I did not hate on Kawhi Leonard , quite honestly If you knew me or been around me, you would see how excited I was for such a young humble guy. But this world loves conflict I see. I really gave major props to coach pop and the whole staff for putting those guys in great positions to be successful. I’ve realized u can’t say anything about a champion so if I hurt anybody’s feelings I apologize(I really don’t) but u get my drift

There’s no need for Durant to apologize, and I’m glad he did didn’t. He’s entitled to believe one player is better than another.

I compared Leonard and George a couple times during The Finals. Their similarities are interesting.

Durant could have just claimed he was rejecting the “all day” aspect of the Leonard-over-George argument. To claim one is definitely more valuable than the other is fairly ridiculous.

Instead, we get “I apologize(I really don’t)” – which is an even better response.

Latest Posts
  1. Wednesday And-1 links: Youths who entered Ray Allen’s home charged with trespassing

Aug 20, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT

2014 NBA Finals - Practice Day And Media Availability Getty Images

Including a link to the trailers of the STARZ show LeBron James is producing loosely based on his life

2. Derrick Rose held out of USA exhibition vs. Dominican Republic, technically ‘coach’s decision’

Aug 20, 2014, 8:44 PM EDT

Derrick Rose Derrick Rose

Rose hasn’t practiced since playing 24 minutes in Saturday’s win over Brazil.

3. Warriors’ Nemanja Nedovic to miss FIBA World Cup

Aug 20, 2014, 6:19 PM EDT

Portland Trail Blazers v Golden State Warriors Getty Images

Nedovic had hoped to play for Serbia, but couldn’t get medical clearance.

4. Kevin Durant: Stephen Curry ‘is terrible’ in NBA2K

Aug 20, 2014, 5:07 PM EDT

Stephen Curry Stephen Curry

Video game Curry doesn’t come close to shooting as well as the real life version.

5. Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe

Aug 20, 2014, 4:12 PM EDT

Oklahoma City Thunder v Phoenix Suns Getty Images

If Bledsoe decides to play for the qualifying offer, he’ll almost certainly bolt as an unrestricted free agent next summer.

6. Nene says playing Anthony Davis is like fighting Dhalsim from Street Fighter

Aug 20, 2014, 2:04 PM EDT

dhalsim_street_fighter

Strangest comparison ever. And pretty accurate.

7. Report: Heat trying to add shooting guard, another big but for veteran minimum

Aug 20, 2014, 12:09 PM EDT

Chris Bosh, Dwyane Wade AP

Miami could use the depth, but at this point the pickings are slim.

8. Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline

Aug 20, 2014, 11:17 AM EDT

New York Knicks  v Philadelphia 76ers Getty Images

Move would be purely financial for Philadelphia, but if Stoudemire is contributing at that time, Knicks may pass.

9. Stephen Curry says he, Klay Thompson would be best NBA Jam duo in NBA

Aug 20, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT

Oklahoma City Thunder v Golden State Warriors Getty Images

Best NBA Jam duo on a current team? Give me Durant and Westbrook.

10. Lakers top 10 plays of the 2013-14 season (VIDEO)

Aug 19, 2014, 10:29 PM EDT

New Orleans Pelicans v Los Angeles Lakers Getty Images

Highlights only serve as a reminder of just how bad things were in Los Angeles.

Will LeBron get booed Christmas Day in Miami?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches