Jun 18, 2014, 10:29 PM EDT
Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich was nothing but complementary and respectful of the Heat in the moments immediately following his Game 5 victory that sealed San Antonio’s 2014 NBA title.
But during the championship parade along the River Walk on Wednesday, he appeared to be having some fun at the expense of the recently dethroned defending champs.
Popovich can be seen counting off his championships in the clip below, and while it’s unclear if that was a specific shot at LeBron James and his infamous “Not one, not two, not three …” comment he made at the pep rally back in 2010 when the Heat first came together, it’s much more fun to assume that was the case.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29