Jun 17, 2014, 5:03 PM EST
Big men with foot injuries can see their fortunes in the draft fall faster than Lindsay Lohan’s career.
Which is why likely Top 10 pick Julius Randle is refuting reports he has foot issues that could require surgery. He wants to stay in the Top 10.
You can be sure that while “the best doctors in the world” looked at it the Lakers will have their doctors look at it and advise the front office. So will every other team considering drafting Randle. Foot injuries are not to be trifled with.
That said, Randle would love to play for the Lakers if it works out that way.
- PBT Extra: How would the NBA benefit from legalized sports betting? 2
- NBPA ready to appeal Jeffery Taylor’s 24-game suspension 7
- Alex Len, No. 5 pick in a draft full of players who looked like busts as rookies, showing he doesn’t deserve the label 4
- PBT’s Wednesday night NBA Winners/Losers: Video of LeBron’s fumble, other tight finishes 14
- LeBron James, with chance to beat Spurs, loses ball to end game (video) 39
- NBA suspends Hornets’ Jeff Taylor for 24 games following guilty plea for domestic violence 7
- PBT Extra: Is Dwight Howard NBA’s newest villain? 31
- Report: Bradley Beal to make season debut Wednesday for Wizards 5