Jun 17, 2014, 5:03 PM EST
Big men with foot injuries can see their fortunes in the draft fall faster than Lindsay Lohan’s career.
Which is why likely Top 10 pick Julius Randle is refuting reports he has foot issues that could require surgery. He wants to stay in the Top 10.
You can be sure that while “the best doctors in the world” looked at it the Lakers will have their doctors look at it and advise the front office. So will every other team considering drafting Randle. Foot injuries are not to be trifled with.
That said, Randle would love to play for the Lakers if it works out that way.
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 5
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 5
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 18
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 12
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 27
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 30