Jun 17, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
Big men with foot injuries can see their fortunes in the draft fall faster than Lindsay Lohan’s career.
Which is why likely Top 10 pick Julius Randle is refuting reports he has foot issues that could require surgery. He wants to stay in the Top 10.
You can be sure that while “the best doctors in the world” looked at it the Lakers will have their doctors look at it and advise the front office. So will every other team considering drafting Randle. Foot injuries are not to be trifled with.
That said, Randle would love to play for the Lakers if it works out that way.
- Report: Michael Beasley reaches agreement with Memphis Grizzlies 3
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 19
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14