Jun 17, 2014, 12:27 AM EDT
It’s another season of rehab for Eric Gordon.
Fortunately this one is more minor for the Pelicans’ two guard, at the end of the season he had a clean up scope of his left knee (it is the right one that has had the major surgeries).
Gordon is running his summer youth camp in Indiana and Scott Agness of vigilantsports.com caught up with him and asked about the knee (hat tip to Rotoworld).
“The knee is doing well,” Gordon told VigilantSports.com. “I’ve been running, moving around very well now. There’s no rush but I mean I’m good now…
“I think overcompensation happened probably to this left knee,” he said, with his left hand rubbing his knee. “It just needed a very minor cleanup. I’m fine now.”
“I’ll start playing around July,” Gordon said.
The Pelicans could be a very interesting team next season — Jrue Holiday, Gordon and Ryan Anderson and Jason Smith all were expected to play a key role for the Pelicans and instead spent much of the season injured.
As Anthony Davis continues to develop into an elite player, if these other guys could just stay healthy the Pelicans could be a threat to make the playoffs in the West. Especially if they can add another big man to play next to Davis, as they are trying to do.
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 5
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 12
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 13
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 10
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 61