Jun 17, 2014, 12:27 AM EDT
It’s another season of rehab for Eric Gordon.
Fortunately this one is more minor for the Pelicans’ two guard, at the end of the season he had a clean up scope of his left knee (it is the right one that has had the major surgeries).
Gordon is running his summer youth camp in Indiana and Scott Agness of vigilantsports.com caught up with him and asked about the knee (hat tip to Rotoworld).
“The knee is doing well,” Gordon told VigilantSports.com. “I’ve been running, moving around very well now. There’s no rush but I mean I’m good now…
“I think overcompensation happened probably to this left knee,” he said, with his left hand rubbing his knee. “It just needed a very minor cleanup. I’m fine now.”
“I’ll start playing around July,” Gordon said.
The Pelicans could be a very interesting team next season — Jrue Holiday, Gordon and Ryan Anderson and Jason Smith all were expected to play a key role for the Pelicans and instead spent much of the season injured.
As Anthony Davis continues to develop into an elite player, if these other guys could just stay healthy the Pelicans could be a threat to make the playoffs in the West. Especially if they can add another big man to play next to Davis, as they are trying to do.
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 10
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 29
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 35