Jun 17, 2014, 12:27 AM EDT
It’s another season of rehab for Eric Gordon.
Fortunately this one is more minor for the Pelicans’ two guard, at the end of the season he had a clean up scope of his left knee (it is the right one that has had the major surgeries).
Gordon is running his summer youth camp in Indiana and Scott Agness of vigilantsports.com caught up with him and asked about the knee (hat tip to Rotoworld).
“The knee is doing well,” Gordon told VigilantSports.com. “I’ve been running, moving around very well now. There’s no rush but I mean I’m good now…
“I think overcompensation happened probably to this left knee,” he said, with his left hand rubbing his knee. “It just needed a very minor cleanup. I’m fine now.”
“I’ll start playing around July,” Gordon said.
The Pelicans could be a very interesting team next season — Jrue Holiday, Gordon and Ryan Anderson and Jason Smith all were expected to play a key role for the Pelicans and instead spent much of the season injured.
As Anthony Davis continues to develop into an elite player, if these other guys could just stay healthy the Pelicans could be a threat to make the playoffs in the West. Especially if they can add another big man to play next to Davis, as they are trying to do.
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 1
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 31
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40