Jun 17, 2014, 12:27 AM EDT
It’s another season of rehab for Eric Gordon.
Fortunately this one is more minor for the Pelicans’ two guard, at the end of the season he had a clean up scope of his left knee (it is the right one that has had the major surgeries).
Gordon is running his summer youth camp in Indiana and Scott Agness of vigilantsports.com caught up with him and asked about the knee (hat tip to Rotoworld).
“The knee is doing well,” Gordon told VigilantSports.com. “I’ve been running, moving around very well now. There’s no rush but I mean I’m good now…
“I think overcompensation happened probably to this left knee,” he said, with his left hand rubbing his knee. “It just needed a very minor cleanup. I’m fine now.”
“I’ll start playing around July,” Gordon said.
The Pelicans could be a very interesting team next season — Jrue Holiday, Gordon and Ryan Anderson and Jason Smith all were expected to play a key role for the Pelicans and instead spent much of the season injured.
As Anthony Davis continues to develop into an elite player, if these other guys could just stay healthy the Pelicans could be a threat to make the playoffs in the West. Especially if they can add another big man to play next to Davis, as they are trying to do.
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 0
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 28
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 17
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 42
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 56
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 15
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6