Jun 17, 2014, 10:19 AM EDT
Now, he’s capable of doing something he’s done just 10 times in the last 780 days.
Rose has had no setbacks and, if the season started tomorrow, would be fine to play.
Rose will have a few months to prepare for the season, but if he’s already ready, that bodes well. With two first-round picks, the flexibility to pursue Carmelo Anthony and Kevin Love and Rose getting healthy, the Bulls could improve greatly this offseason.
Of all Chicago’s possible changes, Rose might be the biggest wildcard. It’s just been so long since he’s played at an elite level.
If he’s truly ready to roll, Rose won’t need to wait until training camp to really test his knee. He’s a strong candidate to represent the United State in the FIBA World Cup this summer.
Heck, if he’s as healthy as Johnson says, Rose is essentially a lock to make the team.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50