Jun 17, 2014, 10:19 AM EDT
Now, he’s capable of doing something he’s done just 10 times in the last 780 days.
Rose has had no setbacks and, if the season started tomorrow, would be fine to play.
Rose will have a few months to prepare for the season, but if he’s already ready, that bodes well. With two first-round picks, the flexibility to pursue Carmelo Anthony and Kevin Love and Rose getting healthy, the Bulls could improve greatly this offseason.
Of all Chicago’s possible changes, Rose might be the biggest wildcard. It’s just been so long since he’s played at an elite level.
If he’s truly ready to roll, Rose won’t need to wait until training camp to really test his knee. He’s a strong candidate to represent the United State in the FIBA World Cup this summer.
Heck, if he’s as healthy as Johnson says, Rose is essentially a lock to make the team.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 68
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32