Jun 16, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
How much would you pay restricted free agent Eric Bledsoe this summer? Max money? Close to it?
He’s just 24 and played at a near All-Star level in Phoenix last season — 17.7 points with a .578 true shooting percentage, plus 5.3 assists a game with a 19.6 PER — in the 43 games he played. He is a difference maker and can be a big part of the future… if he can stay healthy.
There are a number of teams willing to take that risk, to offer him a healthy contract and see if he can stay on the court.
The Suns want to keep him and beat the other teams to the punch, reports Paul Coro at the Arizona Republic.
The Suns hope to negotiate a deal with Tucker and restricted free-agent teammate Eric Bledsoe in the first few days of July.
“We’ll try to do that as soon as possible and not let it get to the point where you’d have to get an offer and we’d match it,” Suns General Manager Ryan McDonough said.
Unless that offer blows me away, and I mean max or close to it, if I’m Bledsoe and his agent I wait a little bit to see what other offers come in, what other teams are willing to bid. Teams that miss out on their first target sometimes become desperate and spend bigger than they intended on target No. 2 just to be sure not to miss.
The Suns have said they will match any offer. Of course, that’s what you say until that offer is on the table (for an example, look at he Knicks and Jeremy Lin).
Whatever happens, Bledsoe is going to be a wealthy man come the start of next season.
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 0
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 25
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 30
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17