Jun 16, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
SAN ANTONIO — The San Antonio Spurs just owned the Miami Heat. Dominated. Put up the largest scoring margin in the NBA Finals ever.
And the Heat players knew it.
“I mean, they exposed us, you know,” Chris Bosh said after Game 5. “They picked us apart. They made us question what we were doing and we were always behind the whole time. They played faster, they played stronger, they played together, and they played like they wanted it more and they played with more pain. We’ve been in that situation before. We understand where they were coming from. Not to that magnitude but you could tell who won and who lost last year….
“They just beat us. Give credit to those guys. They dominated us. They took two games on our home court by 20 points apiece. They beat us by 20 tonight. It hasn’t been much of a series. Not even close. It’s kind of an anticlimactic ending for us, for the season, but you have to tip your hats off to those guys.
“They played the best basketball I’ve ever seen.”
Couldn’t have said it better myself.
To a man the Heat players echoed those basic points.
“They were the much better team,” LeBron James said. “That’s what team basketball and that’s how team basketball should be played. You know, it’s selfless. Guys move, cut, pass, you’ve got a shot, you take it, but it’s all for the team and it’s never about the individual. That’s the brand of basketball, and that’s how team basketball should be played.”
The question for LeBron, Pat Riley and the Heat is what they are going to do about it.
- PBT Extra: Who wins Game 5 between Spurs, Clippers? Flip a coin. 1
- PBT Extra: Rockets must adjust to new Mavericks starting lineup in Game 5 3
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 5
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 20
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 11
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 7
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 42