Jun 16, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
SAN ANTONIO — The San Antonio Spurs just owned the Miami Heat. Dominated. Put up the largest scoring margin in the NBA Finals ever.
And the Heat players knew it.
“I mean, they exposed us, you know,” Chris Bosh said after Game 5. “They picked us apart. They made us question what we were doing and we were always behind the whole time. They played faster, they played stronger, they played together, and they played like they wanted it more and they played with more pain. We’ve been in that situation before. We understand where they were coming from. Not to that magnitude but you could tell who won and who lost last year….
“They just beat us. Give credit to those guys. They dominated us. They took two games on our home court by 20 points apiece. They beat us by 20 tonight. It hasn’t been much of a series. Not even close. It’s kind of an anticlimactic ending for us, for the season, but you have to tip your hats off to those guys.
“They played the best basketball I’ve ever seen.”
Couldn’t have said it better myself.
To a man the Heat players echoed those basic points.
“They were the much better team,” LeBron James said. “That’s what team basketball and that’s how team basketball should be played. You know, it’s selfless. Guys move, cut, pass, you’ve got a shot, you take it, but it’s all for the team and it’s never about the individual. That’s the brand of basketball, and that’s how team basketball should be played.”
The question for LeBron, Pat Riley and the Heat is what they are going to do about it.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 2
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winers start with Lakers 22
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10