Jun 16, 2014, 2:44 PM EST
SAN ANTONIO — The San Antonio Spurs just owned the Miami Heat. Dominated. Put up the largest scoring margin in the NBA Finals ever.
And the Heat players knew it.
“I mean, they exposed us, you know,” Chris Bosh said after Game 5. “They picked us apart. They made us question what we were doing and we were always behind the whole time. They played faster, they played stronger, they played together, and they played like they wanted it more and they played with more pain. We’ve been in that situation before. We understand where they were coming from. Not to that magnitude but you could tell who won and who lost last year….
“They just beat us. Give credit to those guys. They dominated us. They took two games on our home court by 20 points apiece. They beat us by 20 tonight. It hasn’t been much of a series. Not even close. It’s kind of an anticlimactic ending for us, for the season, but you have to tip your hats off to those guys.
“They played the best basketball I’ve ever seen.”
Couldn’t have said it better myself.
To a man the Heat players echoed those basic points.
“They were the much better team,” LeBron James said. “That’s what team basketball and that’s how team basketball should be played. You know, it’s selfless. Guys move, cut, pass, you’ve got a shot, you take it, but it’s all for the team and it’s never about the individual. That’s the brand of basketball, and that’s how team basketball should be played.”
The question for LeBron, Pat Riley and the Heat is what they are going to do about it.
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 2
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 13
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41