Jun 16, 2014, 2:44 PM EST
SAN ANTONIO — The San Antonio Spurs just owned the Miami Heat. Dominated. Put up the largest scoring margin in the NBA Finals ever.
And the Heat players knew it.
“I mean, they exposed us, you know,” Chris Bosh said after Game 5. “They picked us apart. They made us question what we were doing and we were always behind the whole time. They played faster, they played stronger, they played together, and they played like they wanted it more and they played with more pain. We’ve been in that situation before. We understand where they were coming from. Not to that magnitude but you could tell who won and who lost last year….
“They just beat us. Give credit to those guys. They dominated us. They took two games on our home court by 20 points apiece. They beat us by 20 tonight. It hasn’t been much of a series. Not even close. It’s kind of an anticlimactic ending for us, for the season, but you have to tip your hats off to those guys.
“They played the best basketball I’ve ever seen.”
Couldn’t have said it better myself.
To a man the Heat players echoed those basic points.
“They were the much better team,” LeBron James said. “That’s what team basketball and that’s how team basketball should be played. You know, it’s selfless. Guys move, cut, pass, you’ve got a shot, you take it, but it’s all for the team and it’s never about the individual. That’s the brand of basketball, and that’s how team basketball should be played.”
The question for LeBron, Pat Riley and the Heat is what they are going to do about it.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 0
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 6
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 30
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20