Jun 16, 2014, 3:33 PM EDT
Andrew Wiggins is going to be one of the top three picks in the NBA Draft.
There are some reports that the Cavaliers will take him No. 1 over Joel Embiid, but the smokescreens are heavy out of Cleveland. The Bucks may take him at No. 2, but some around the league think they may play it safe and take Jabari Parker, a guy without as high a ceiling but with a higher floor and a guy more ready to help immediately.
The Sixers love Wiggins. Enough to consider their No. 3 pick and Thaddeus Young to Cleveland just to move up to No. 1 and snag him.
But first they wanted to see him work out. So the Wiggins pre-draft workout show has swung into Philadelphia, reports CSNPhilly.com. They caught up with Wiggins at the airport as he came into town, as you can see in the video above.
“I’m excited,” Wiggins said when asked how happy he was to be in Philly and try out for the Sixers. “Been looking forward to this time for a long time, so I’m excited.”
“I think [the Sixers do] fit my style,” Wiggins said, “but I also think Cleveland and Milwaukee do too, so wherever I go.”
Wiggins, a 6’8” swingman, is the most hyped draft pick in years. He is a freakish athlete, has good skills (which need polishing), he defends well, and by all reports is very coachable with a good hoops IQ. He can be a key building piece. Can he be transcendent is the question.
The Sixers are trying to answer that question in his workout.
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 1
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 45
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13