Jun 16, 2014, 3:33 PM EDT
Andrew Wiggins is going to be one of the top three picks in the NBA Draft.
There are some reports that the Cavaliers will take him No. 1 over Joel Embiid, but the smokescreens are heavy out of Cleveland. The Bucks may take him at No. 2, but some around the league think they may play it safe and take Jabari Parker, a guy without as high a ceiling but with a higher floor and a guy more ready to help immediately.
The Sixers love Wiggins. Enough to consider their No. 3 pick and Thaddeus Young to Cleveland just to move up to No. 1 and snag him.
But first they wanted to see him work out. So the Wiggins pre-draft workout show has swung into Philadelphia, reports CSNPhilly.com. They caught up with Wiggins at the airport as he came into town, as you can see in the video above.
“I’m excited,” Wiggins said when asked how happy he was to be in Philly and try out for the Sixers. “Been looking forward to this time for a long time, so I’m excited.”
“I think [the Sixers do] fit my style,” Wiggins said, “but I also think Cleveland and Milwaukee do too, so wherever I go.”
Wiggins, a 6’8” swingman, is the most hyped draft pick in years. He is a freakish athlete, has good skills (which need polishing), he defends well, and by all reports is very coachable with a good hoops IQ. He can be a key building piece. Can he be transcendent is the question.
The Sixers are trying to answer that question in his workout.
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 11
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 17
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 51
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 4
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 17
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 32
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22