Andrew Wiggins pre-draft workout tour swings through Philadelphia

Jun 16, 2014, 3:33 PM EST

Andrew Wiggins is going to be one of the top three picks in the NBA Draft.

There are some reports that the Cavaliers will take him No. 1 over Joel Embiid, but the smokescreens are heavy out of Cleveland. The Bucks may take him at No. 2, but some around the league think they may play it safe and take Jabari Parker, a guy without as high a ceiling but with a higher floor and a guy more ready to help immediately.

The Sixers love Wiggins. Enough to consider their No. 3 pick and Thaddeus Young to Cleveland just to move up to No. 1 and snag him.

But first they wanted to see him work out. So the Wiggins pre-draft workout show has swung into Philadelphia, reports CSNPhilly.com. They caught up with Wiggins at the airport as he came into town, as you can see in the video above.

“I’m excited,” Wiggins said when asked how happy he was to be in Philly and try out for the Sixers. “Been looking forward to this time for a long time, so I’m excited.”

“I think [the Sixers do] fit my style,” Wiggins said, “but I also think Cleveland and Milwaukee do too, so wherever I go.”

Wiggins, a 6’8” swingman, is the most hyped draft pick in years. He is a freakish athlete, has good skills (which need polishing), he defends well, and by all reports is very coachable with a good hoops IQ. He can be a key building piece. Can he be transcendent is the question.

The Sixers are trying to answer that question in his workout.

1. sportsfan18 - Jun 16, 2014 at 4:11 PM

Smokescreens are heavy in Cleveland because that place has been burning down for a while now…

I hear they’re going to try and get Anthony Bennett’s confidence back up so when they make their first selection, they’ll say his name and then who they want.

They’ll tell Bennett, see, we like you so much that we chose you first overall, twice in a row!

That’s considered outside of the box thinking for the Factory of Sadness…

2. thesixersbench - Jun 16, 2014 at 4:16 PM

The NBA Draft can not come soon enough. I wish I could fast forward the next week and a half.

Whatever the Sixers do…my season ticket deposit is already placed. Next season is the re-birth we’ve been waiting a decade for.

3. 1historian - Jun 16, 2014 at 4:16 PM

very zen

4. WillIEverSeeACupInMyLife? - Jun 16, 2014 at 4:29 PM

As much as I wanted the sixers to get Wiggins, I have to wonder; Why would a kid that is supposed to be the next “lebron james/kobe bryant” not be the clear cut #1 choice? I’m hoping for Parker at #3.

• madnova - Jun 16, 2014 at 6:28 PM

Where have you been reading lebron/kobe?

That’s crazy just based on those two being near opposite types of players from each other, much less Wiggins.

Pippen/George are the more prevalent comparisons.

• WillIEverSeeACupInMyLife? - Jun 16, 2014 at 10:27 PM

Dude, just google it

5. mungman69 - Jun 16, 2014 at 4:49 PM

Parker can star now, I guess.

6. sasquash20 - Jun 16, 2014 at 5:04 PM

Wiggins is to soft, Parker doesnt play D, I hope my Sixers get Embiid

7. captainwisdom8888 - Jun 16, 2014 at 7:40 PM

I do not agree with giving up Thad Young just to move up 2 spots for a player who in all likelihood won’t be much better than whomever you would otherwise get at pick #3. I think the Sixers stay put and pray for Wiggins or Parker, and if they go 1-2 and only Embiid is left…I think the Sixers consider trading back a couple spots with a team who covets Embiid at pick #3.

• floreskins - Jun 17, 2014 at 10:03 AM

You just tanked a whole season. Thad Young endured it with the idea he would be playing elsewhere at the end of said season. You would rather keep an unhappy Thad Young then secure the player you sacrificed an entire season for? Makes no sense.

8. jimmywho14 - Jun 16, 2014 at 8:04 PM

Riggin for Wiggins!! It’s how this season started so we might as well stick with it

9. gomybirdsgo - Jun 17, 2014 at 10:25 AM

Please fake jesus in the sky. Let the sixers snag wiggins. Please.

Who will land Josh Smith?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches