Jun 15, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
SAN ANTONIO — Manu Ginobili is trying to steal some of the headlines in Argentina from Messi today.
Ginobili was big part of the Spurs comeback from being down 14 early to lead by 6 at half. Manu did that with a personal 6-0 run at one point, on his way to 14 points at the half.
And he had this signature play of the game so far — the guy known for crafty, smart plays just powers through for the dunk over Chris Bosh.
“The last time I tried I got blocked by Caron Butler against OKC badly, and I was made fun of by my teammates in a rough way,” Ginobili said after the game. “They actually made me promise that I wasn’t going to try that again, and I said, yes, I won’t try that again.”
He did do it again, and it was spectacular.
Watch it from another angle.
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 44
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 60
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59