Jun 15, 2014, 5:59 PM EDT
If you expected the two-time defending champions to just roll over down 3-1 to the Spurs heading into Game 5 Sunday night, well, I’m not sure what team you’ve been watching the last two years. They often need their backs against the walls for motivation.
Chris Bosh wouldn’t go the full Joe Namath and guarantee a win in Game 5 Sunday night, but he came about as close as you can expect speaking to Sekou Smith of NBA.com’s Hangtime Blog.
“We’re not going down,” he said. “So we’re going to win this game tonight … plain and simple we’re going to win this game….
“I don’t care about any guarantees we’re just going to win this game,” Bosh said. “Take it how you want it.”
What else do you expect him to say? “We plan on getting thrashed just like the last two games, we expect this will be over by halftime?”
The Heat are a proud team and one the Spurs had two games to eliminate last season and couldn’t do it. It will be three games this year and the way the teams are playing it feels like a longer shot, still you have to expect they will put up a fight in Game 5.
We’ll see if that’s enough.
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 7
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 12
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 7