Jun 14, 2014, 9:31 AM EDT
Not likely, but he was on ESPN’s Sports Nation show and said he thought losing these NBA Finals, in the manner they did, is going to have LeBron looking to bolt.
“I think if they would have won the championship it would have been a different story and they would have come back to do it again but he’s got so much responsibility, he’s obviously one of the best players if not the best player, I think them losing will make him make a move and opt out and you’ll see him in a differnent jersey next year.”
For the record, that would be restricted free agent and guy potentially moved in a big trade Chandler Parsons talking. I’m more curious what jersey he will be wearing next season.
Parsons goes on to say he can’t see LeBron teaming up with Kobe Bryant on the Lakers. He can see a return to Cleveland.
These Finals and the manner in which Miami lost certainly has made it clear it’s time for some changes to the Heat. The question LeBron needs to ask himself who he trusts to put an elite team around him to win more titles? Does he trust the inexperienced Phil Jackson and Derek Fisher in New York? Does he trust Jim Buss? Does he trust Dan Gilbert to build a solid organization on Cleveland?
Or does he trust Pat Riley to recruit guys to come play in Miami? Got a feeling it’s still the last option.
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 1
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 32
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 30
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 58
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25