Jun 14, 2014, 9:31 AM EDT
Not likely, but he was on ESPN’s Sports Nation show and said he thought losing these NBA Finals, in the manner they did, is going to have LeBron looking to bolt.
“I think if they would have won the championship it would have been a different story and they would have come back to do it again but he’s got so much responsibility, he’s obviously one of the best players if not the best player, I think them losing will make him make a move and opt out and you’ll see him in a differnent jersey next year.”
For the record, that would be restricted free agent and guy potentially moved in a big trade Chandler Parsons talking. I’m more curious what jersey he will be wearing next season.
Parsons goes on to say he can’t see LeBron teaming up with Kobe Bryant on the Lakers. He can see a return to Cleveland.
These Finals and the manner in which Miami lost certainly has made it clear it’s time for some changes to the Heat. The question LeBron needs to ask himself who he trusts to put an elite team around him to win more titles? Does he trust the inexperienced Phil Jackson and Derek Fisher in New York? Does he trust Jim Buss? Does he trust Dan Gilbert to build a solid organization on Cleveland?
Or does he trust Pat Riley to recruit guys to come play in Miami? Got a feeling it’s still the last option.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 7
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 21
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 54
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 25
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 8
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65