Jun 13, 2014, 8:48 PM EDT
The Rockets know that.
Sam Amick of USA Today (hat tip: Matt Moore of Eye on Basketball):
The Rockets believe they can trade Omer Asik and Jeremy Lin, but that won’t really help here unless Minnesota is willing to take at least one of those two. Otherwise, it would have to be a three-way trade or multiple trades. Houston has no incoming first-round picks other than its own to grease the wheels, either.
Daryl Morey has chased superstars for years. He traded for James Harden before anyone realized how good Harden was and signed Dwight Howard away from the premier Lakers. Morey isn’t afraid of a longshot if a star is on the line.
So, if the Rockets believe they’re out of it, they probably are.
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 13
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 36
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 26
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2