Jun 13, 2014, 8:48 PM EDT
The Rockets know that.
Sam Amick of USA Today (hat tip: Matt Moore of Eye on Basketball):
The Rockets believe they can trade Omer Asik and Jeremy Lin, but that won’t really help here unless Minnesota is willing to take at least one of those two. Otherwise, it would have to be a three-way trade or multiple trades. Houston has no incoming first-round picks other than its own to grease the wheels, either.
Daryl Morey has chased superstars for years. He traded for James Harden before anyone realized how good Harden was and signed Dwight Howard away from the premier Lakers. Morey isn’t afraid of a longshot if a star is on the line.
So, if the Rockets believe they’re out of it, they probably are.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 11
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 16
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winers start with Lakers 23
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10