Jun 13, 2014, 8:48 PM EST
The Rockets know that.
Sam Amick of USA Today (hat tip: Matt Moore of Eye on Basketball):
The Rockets believe they can trade Omer Asik and Jeremy Lin, but that won’t really help here unless Minnesota is willing to take at least one of those two. Otherwise, it would have to be a three-way trade or multiple trades. Houston has no incoming first-round picks other than its own to grease the wheels, either.
Daryl Morey has chased superstars for years. He traded for James Harden before anyone realized how good Harden was and signed Dwight Howard away from the premier Lakers. Morey isn’t afraid of a longshot if a star is on the line.
So, if the Rockets believe they’re out of it, they probably are.
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 8
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 6
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 17
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 47
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 45