Jun 13, 2014, 8:48 PM EDT
The Rockets know that.
Sam Amick of USA Today (hat tip: Matt Moore of Eye on Basketball):
The Rockets believe they can trade Omer Asik and Jeremy Lin, but that won’t really help here unless Minnesota is willing to take at least one of those two. Otherwise, it would have to be a three-way trade or multiple trades. Houston has no incoming first-round picks other than its own to grease the wheels, either.
Daryl Morey has chased superstars for years. He traded for James Harden before anyone realized how good Harden was and signed Dwight Howard away from the premier Lakers. Morey isn’t afraid of a longshot if a star is on the line.
So, if the Rockets believe they’re out of it, they probably are.
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 4
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 35
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 32
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 58
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25