Jun 13, 2014, 8:48 PM EDT
The Rockets know that.
Sam Amick of USA Today (hat tip: Matt Moore of Eye on Basketball):
The Rockets believe they can trade Omer Asik and Jeremy Lin, but that won’t really help here unless Minnesota is willing to take at least one of those two. Otherwise, it would have to be a three-way trade or multiple trades. Houston has no incoming first-round picks other than its own to grease the wheels, either.
Daryl Morey has chased superstars for years. He traded for James Harden before anyone realized how good Harden was and signed Dwight Howard away from the premier Lakers. Morey isn’t afraid of a longshot if a star is on the line.
So, if the Rockets believe they’re out of it, they probably are.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 6
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 11
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 5
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3