Jun 13, 2014, 8:45 AM EDT
MIAMI — You wouldn’t know it watching LeBron James play compared to his Miami Heat teammates. Through three quarters of Game 4 LeBron had 28 points on 10-of-15 shooting, the rest of the Heat had 29 points on 27.8 percent shooting.
But LeBron James admitted he is playing through a sore ankle.
LeBron bolted back to the Heat locker room right after the national anthem and before player introductions, then again during a first quarter timeout. Television cameras caught him grimacing on the court more than once in Game 4. When asked about it (and if anything was bothering him) after the game, LeBron mentioned the ankle.
“First time I left I went to go get retaped, retape my ankle. It’s been kind of bothering me for the last couple days, but I felt okay,” LeBron said dismissively.
With an extra day off before Sunday’s Game 5 in San Antonio, LeBron will have more time to get treatment on the ankle.
Again, it hasn’t really impacted his play, he has done everything the Heat and coach Erik Spoelstra could ask. These Finals and the San Antonio Spurs have exposed the flawed roster around LeBron, not him, although for some it will be LeBron that takes the legacy hit with these Finals.
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 0
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 15
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 3
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 1
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8