Kevin Durant settles feud with The Game

Jun 13, 2014, 2:05 PM EDT

2013 NBA All-Star Game 2013 NBA All-Star Game

This saga had everything:

It was quite juicy.

And now it’s over.

Durant (whose Instagram handle is @easymoneysniper) and The Game have resolved their feud.

The Game:

Had a conversation with @easymoneysniper this morning & we both agreed that there was a miscommunication between the middle party which was “TMZ” & that the way the camera man presented it to him was as if he bet me $20,000 cash which wasn’t the case…. We agreed that if I hit the 3 point shot he would get KD gear & his kicks for all the kids in our @froggallstars organization which is close to 130 children…. 130 kids at a price of maybe $150 a shoe & gear after tax equals close to $20,000 give or take so that’s where that # came from. When I woke up & had multiple texts & calls saying KD called me a liar on TMZ, I acted immediately in clearing things up on my end on my page & didn’t have a # on @easymoneysniper to clear it up privately which is what I should’ve done because the situation that was meant to be friendly & charitable to the kids & is now blown out of proportion…. But again, after talking to KD this am he again agreed to get all the kids his kicks & KD gear & also stated he was taken back by the $20,000 cash because that wasn’t what was agreed on by us….. It was a friendly bet that was only purely beneficial to the kids in our program & I’m glad we straightened it out in the end & I personally told @easymoneysniper my bad for jumping the gun due to what I read on TMZ this am. It was truly a miscommunication.. I could’ve chose my words a bit wiser & made it a little more clear…. So on behalf of all the kids, myself & the@froggallstars organization, we want to thank him again for looking out for our kids & our fast growing program, it’s very much appreciated – The Game#froggallstars #therobinhoodproject #nikebasketball#weready #aau #KD #MvP #ThankYou

Durant reposted that, and I think we can safely assume a re-post is an endorsement in this case. The real winners are the kids.

Now if only Durant can make peace with Lil B.

1. bigbenh8tr - Jun 13, 2014 at 2:11 PM

TMZ. Wtf

2. ryanw822 - Jun 13, 2014 at 2:15 PM

my head hurts

3. herlies - Jun 13, 2014 at 2:19 PM

The Game?

Imagine telling people to no longer call you by your first name. From now on please refer to me as “The Game”

• doctorofsmuganomics - Jun 13, 2014 at 6:06 PM

Time to play The Game?

4. azarkhan - Jun 13, 2014 at 2:19 PM

Thanks for posting! I was pins and needles waiting for this national crisis to be resolved.

• duhwighthoward - Jun 14, 2014 at 12:42 AM

HAHAHA!

5. jolink653 - Jun 13, 2014 at 2:24 PM

The people at TMZ are just the worst. Instead of following celebrities around and hounding them to say something controversial, how about you get a real job

6. phillycannon - Jun 13, 2014 at 2:30 PM

im confused on how TMZ caused this , and Game tweeted his frustration about Durant!!!! Excuses

7. misremembered72 - Jun 13, 2014 at 2:30 PM

I would rather be a Nazi than a TMZ reporter (not actually, but TMZ is the scum of the earth)

8. hwatt - Jun 13, 2014 at 2:50 PM

nope. NBA investigation commences. betting scandal. let’s do it.

9. flickflint - Jun 13, 2014 at 3:10 PM

Based gods curse kevin durant will not win a title – Lil B

10. antistratfordian - Jun 13, 2014 at 4:52 PM

Why am I commenting on this story?

• sportsfan18 - Jun 13, 2014 at 5:42 PM

cause you’re still crying about the Heat…

• antistratfordian - Jun 13, 2014 at 6:29 PM

Maybe that’s it….

Wait… nope… that’s not it.

11. sportsfan18 - Jun 13, 2014 at 5:44 PM

I smell a Nobel Peace prize coming…

They threw TMZ under the bus and saved the day…

12. titansbro - Jun 13, 2014 at 7:18 PM

That post makes the Game seem like a levelheaded & ok dude. But he’s still a “gangsta rapper.” However, his first album was very good & I don’t even like rap that much.

13. campcouch - Jun 13, 2014 at 8:38 PM

Wait,the initial rant was posted by him. How is it TMZ’s fault? I’m sure KD saw his marketing potential slide a bit,told him to shut it or get nothing and now a “a flowery” apology (whilst keeping his lol “street cred” intact) from Sir Game. Durant should cut ties with this dude.

14. duhwighthoward - Jun 14, 2014 at 12:47 AM

Personally, I’m nervous for the 130 kids in his care. What kind of role model is he?

Will LeBron get booed Christmas Day in Miami?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches