Jun 13, 2014, 2:05 PM EDT
This saga had everything:
- Kevin Durant (pictured)
- The Game
- A made 3-pointer
- James Harden
- DeMar DeRozan
- Drake (pictured)
- $20,000 cash
It was quite juicy.
And now it’s over.
Durant (whose Instagram handle is @easymoneysniper) and The Game have resolved their feud.
Had a conversation with @easymoneysniper this morning & we both agreed that there was a miscommunication between the middle party which was “TMZ” & that the way the camera man presented it to him was as if he bet me $20,000 cash which wasn’t the case…. We agreed that if I hit the 3 point shot he would get KD gear & his kicks for all the kids in our @froggallstars organization which is close to 130 children…. 130 kids at a price of maybe $150 a shoe & gear after tax equals close to $20,000 give or take so that’s where that # came from. When I woke up & had multiple texts & calls saying KD called me a liar on TMZ, I acted immediately in clearing things up on my end on my page & didn’t have a # on @easymoneysniper to clear it up privately which is what I should’ve done because the situation that was meant to be friendly & charitable to the kids & is now blown out of proportion…. But again, after talking to KD this am he again agreed to get all the kids his kicks & KD gear & also stated he was taken back by the $20,000 cash because that wasn’t what was agreed on by us….. It was a friendly bet that was only purely beneficial to the kids in our program & I’m glad we straightened it out in the end & I personally told @easymoneysniper my bad for jumping the gun due to what I read on TMZ this am. It was truly a miscommunication.. I could’ve chose my words a bit wiser & made it a little more clear…. So on behalf of all the kids, myself & the@froggallstars organization, we want to thank him again for looking out for our kids & our fast growing program, it’s very much appreciated – The Game#froggallstars #therobinhoodproject #nikebasketball#weready #aau #KD #MvP #ThankYou
Durant reposted that, and I think we can safely assume a re-post is an endorsement in this case. The real winners are the kids.
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 25
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 44
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 15
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 8
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 55