Jordan 6 Retro ‘Celebration Collection’ pays tribute to Michael Jordan’s first championship (PHOTOS)
Jun 13, 2014, 5:02 PM EST
Jordan Brand regularly releases retro versions of its all-time most popular sneakers, and no matter how many pairs are available, they always seem to sell out minutes after the online links to purchase them go live.
It’s part of the reason that Michael Jordan himself has reached such elite financial status.
Very few of the updated versions, however, tend to add colorways or details that make them unique from the ones originally released all those years ago. But with the Air Jordan 6 Retro “Celebration Collection,” we’re being treated to a nice change.
Big victories require big celebrations and Michael Jordan knows how to celebrate better than anyone. Two unique Air Jordan 6 Retros pay a fitting tribute to the first of his many championships with a unique ring lace toggle and a special graphic on the back heel to commemorate the six titles that define MJ’s storied career. These two special AJVI’s honor Michael wearing his sixth signature shoe during the emotional run to his first championship.
The rich brown-colored edition with the deep red accents (Raw Umber/Chilling Red-Team Red-Metallic) is the “Cigar” colorway, and the glossy green one (Pro Green/Metallic Gold-Chilling Red-Black) is the “Champagne.” The truly unique colors, along with the added details (especially the rings on the front) make these a special pickup for any Jordan enthusiast.
The “Celebration Collection” colorways are sold individually, and both shoes release June 14 on Nike.com and at other online retailers. They’ll also be available by RSVP at select Nike stores.
Check out the photos below and let us know if you plan on copping a pair this weekend.
- What rust? Russell Westbrook returns, puts up 32 points in 24 minutes (VIDEO) 2
- NBA denies Kings’ protest 3
- Russell Westbrook returns to court tonight for Thunder vs. Knicks 9
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 11
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 8