Jun 12, 2014, 11:07 AM EST
To do so, she must validate the finding that Donald Sterling is not mentally equipped to control the Sterling Family Trust. That finding was based on a series of tests Donald took. Among other issues, he couldn’t:
- Spell “world” backward
- Count down from 100 by 7s past 93
- Name the season
- Draw a clock
Dan Woike of The Orange County Register has a copy of the doctor’s report:
I’m no neurological expert, but I don’t understand how reliable the mental-faculties test Sterling took is for someone like him. He’s a billionaire! Like he ever needed to know what a clock looked like? He’s also an Angelino. Do they even have seasons?
Sterling has always been at least somewhat detached from reality, and a baseline test could have been useful.
It’s obviously too late for that, though.
It’s not too late for more testing.
Sterling might have dementia. I have no idea. But an examination should probably be conducted by a doctor that wasn’t recommended by Shelly.
However, without knowing the terms of the trust agreement, it’s fully possible Donald signed off when the trust was formed on this being an acceptable test. If he did, he set himself up to lose control.
The doctor wrote, “Mr. Donald T. Sterling is unable to reasonably carry out the duties as Trustee of The Sterling Family Trust as a result of, an impairment in his level attention, information processing, short term memory impairment and ability to modulate mood, emotional liability, and is at risk of making potentially serious errors of judgment.”
Sterling is moody, emotional and prone to errors in judgment? It’s a miracle he didn’t lose control of the trust 30 years ago.
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 4
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 5
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9