Jun 11, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Only two NBA coaching jobs remain open, the Los Angeles Lakers and Cleveland Cavaliers.
Could Nate McMillan end up with one of those jobs? The veteran coach has been contacted by both teams, reports Chris Haynes of CSNNW.com.
Two NBA teams with head coach openings have reached out to the representatives of Indiana Pacers assistant coach Nate McMillan, league sources informed CSNNW.com at AmericanAirlines Arena on Tuesday night.
Contact was made merely on an exploratory basis to gauge his level of interest, said a source who requested anonymity.
Again there are two open jobs, so if two teams reached out….
McMillan is a former head coach of the Seattle Sonics and the Portland Trail Blazers who currently is Frank Vogel’s lead assistant with the Pacers. McMillan has a dozen years experience as a head coach and had a winning overall record of 478-452. His teams tended to play at a slow pace but were efficient on offense.
McMillan fits in the mold of veteran coaches that the Lakers have spoken to (Alvin Gentry, Byron Scott, Lionel Hollins, and so on). Cleveland’s search has been all over the map, including an aggressive pursuit of John Calipari.
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 0
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58