Jun 11, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Only two NBA coaching jobs remain open, the Los Angeles Lakers and Cleveland Cavaliers.
Could Nate McMillan end up with one of those jobs? The veteran coach has been contacted by both teams, reports Chris Haynes of CSNNW.com.
Two NBA teams with head coach openings have reached out to the representatives of Indiana Pacers assistant coach Nate McMillan, league sources informed CSNNW.com at AmericanAirlines Arena on Tuesday night.
Contact was made merely on an exploratory basis to gauge his level of interest, said a source who requested anonymity.
Again there are two open jobs, so if two teams reached out….
McMillan is a former head coach of the Seattle Sonics and the Portland Trail Blazers who currently is Frank Vogel’s lead assistant with the Pacers. McMillan has a dozen years experience as a head coach and had a winning overall record of 478-452. His teams tended to play at a slow pace but were efficient on offense.
McMillan fits in the mold of veteran coaches that the Lakers have spoken to (Alvin Gentry, Byron Scott, Lionel Hollins, and so on). Cleveland’s search has been all over the map, including an aggressive pursuit of John Calipari.
- PBT Extra: Who wins Game 5 between Spurs, Clippers? Flip a coin. 1
- PBT Extra: Rockets must adjust to new Mavericks starting lineup in Game 5 3
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 5
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 20
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 11
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 7
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 42