Erik Spoelstra, LeBron James and Dwyane Wade struggle with long-winded questions from same reporter/cop (video)
Jun 11, 2014, 10:28 AM EDT
Ramos founded something called “Bottom Line!!!” – yes, I believe the three exclamation points are part of the official formatting – and it (or something else. who knows?) got him credentialed to the NBA Finals.
Before going any further, watch the questions:
Ramos: “Bobby Ramos, Bottomline!!!. Coach, you gave San Antonio the credit, and you mentioned a couple times that you’re in the Finals. How does a team in their fourth Finals come out in the Finals, their first home game, and get beat to the ball, to get stomped the way they did. The kind of heart that your championship team has, to come out tonight like they did mentally has to be something that’s a problem.”
Ramos: “Bobby Ramos, Bottomline!!!. This is for both of you. You have a great defense. They’re averaging 104 points a game. You have a lot of offense. You haven’t broke a hundred yet. Is the problem your lackluster defense, or is it the problems you’re having offensively? Lackluster offense.”
LeBron: (Blank state) (Sideways glance at Wade) (Giggles) (Gestures for Wade to answer) (Whispers to Wade) (Tries and fails to keep a straight face while Wade answers)
Wade: “Uh, the problem is we’re down two games to one. That’s the problem. We’ve got to figure out how to tie it up.”
Ramos has a website, but it’s down right now and probably will be for a while after this sudden rise in his notoriety has surely crashed the site. Check back in a couple days if you want.
Bobby Ramos is the CEO and founder of Bottomline!!!, LLC. Mr. Ramos has a deep knowledge of sports and entertainment and is committed to delving and delivering the truth, all with a twist of humor, candor, quick wit, but most of all deliciously entertaining. Kind of like a second helping of grandma’s apple pie; hearty, filling and always tastes like…MORE!
Born and raised in Connecticut, Bobby has played sports and talked issues his whole life. As the most decorated police officer in his department, Bobby is a certified Connecticut police instructor, FBI trained Hostage Negotiator, Field Training officer, along with heading the DARE/Community Affairs Office in his exemplary 25 years of service as a police officer. Founder and former president of the police union the Stratford Guardians.
I am no expert in hostage negotiations, but I’d imagine it requires similar skills to asking a question in a press conference – putting your subject at ease, communicating clearly and prompting enlightening responses.
Note to self: Don’t get held hostage in Connecticut.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30