Watch Derek Fisher be introduced as New York Knicks head coach (VIDEO)

Jun 10, 2014, 1:43 PM EDT

Derek Fisher hit all the right notes in his introductory press conference as head coach — he talked about returning the Knicks to glory, he talked about changing the culture, and he did it all with an air of confidence.

He looked like a leader of men. You could see that in the clip above.

Fisher also addressed his lack of head coaching experience straight on:

“There will be a lot of talk about my inexperience as a head coach, and that is obviously factually true,” Fisher said. “I have never been a head coach in the NBA or in college or in high school — but I am experienced. Basketball is a game that I am experienced in. Playing, understanding, leading in, guiding in, helping another group achieve the greatest gift in the world as a professional athlete and that is being a champion. That I have experience in. And that’s the experience I plan on sharing with these players, sharing with this organization.”

We’ll see if he can do the job, but he nailed the presser.

1. 00maltliquor - Jun 10, 2014 at 2:15 PM

I can’t lie, I’m kind of bummed. I wish he was the Lakers coach. I think Fish will be real good. Give him 3 years.

2. calkinsrob - Jun 10, 2014 at 2:28 PM

So when do you think he’ll quit to “spend more time with his family” and then look to coach a better team?

3. bux1022 - Jun 10, 2014 at 3:05 PM

His child was sick when he wanted to be by her side! Get a life and a clue! Chump! You scrubs think you are comedic geniuses. On the contrary, just a troll with nothing better to do.

• calkinsrob - Jun 10, 2014 at 3:35 PM

Not trolling. I had to re-look up the story to see the situation with his daughter. That might make one of the personal releases right but he did it 3 times! lol Im referencing the most recent release from the mavs. 2 months later hes on the contending thunder team, which are located just as far away from his family than dallas was. Please Fisher.

• bigtganks - Jun 10, 2014 at 6:47 PM

like like like. Where are the thumbs up for this? He did it in Utah and he did it in Dallas. Fisher’s a d00sh

4. duhwighthoward - Jun 10, 2014 at 4:36 PM

You should read Character Driven.

5. bux1022 - Jun 11, 2014 at 3:38 PM

You tried to be funny and it back fired move along!

6. JT - Jun 11, 2014 at 6:13 PM

I think Fisher will be good

Top 10 NBA Player Searches