Jun 10, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
Utah’s project big man out of France Rudy Gobert’s summer has gotten off to a less than ideal start. He was in Santa Barbara, Calif., when…
Surgery went well.Thanks for the support im already walking to my plane.—
rudy gobert (@rudygobert15) June 10, 2014
This surgery takes 4-6 weeks to fully recover from, according to multiple medical Web sites.
It is unlikely he will play in Summer League for the Jazz. Which is too bad, he’s a guy who needs the court time, the experience (plus he’s fun to watch for those of us in Las Vegas).
Gobert was the 27th pick in last year’s NBA Draft, taken by the Nuggets but traded to Utah. He’s incredibly tall and long — he has a 9’7″ standing reach — and is a good athlete for his size. He is disruptive in the paint already as a defender. The problem is offense, he looks lost quite often and when teammates would hit him with a pass rolling the the rim he struggled to control it.
He needs to add muscle and gain experience. Like a lot of bigs in the Utah rotation he is a project. He got in 45 games for the Jazz and played some in the D-League.
He should be healthy and ready to go by training camp next season.
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 0
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 19
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 20
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 31
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6
- What four players left likely to get cut from Team USA roster? Things don’t look good for Andre Drummond. 19