Jun 10, 2014, 8:42 PM EST
How much longer can San Antonio keep him out of the starting lineup?
About another 20 minutes.
Diaw lifts the Spurs’ offense through his passing. He’s a huge mismatch – able to pull bigger defenders to the 3-point arc and post-up smaller one. San Antonio is so much more threatening offensively with him on the court.
San Antonio should maximize the minutes Diaw and Kawhi Leonard play together against LeBron, so Leonard can guard LeBron and Diaw can play a fundamental offensive role. On the other end, Diaw can try to hide on Rashard Lewis.
- Minutes: 104/22
- Offensive rating: 112.6/141.1
- Defensive rating: 85.3/103.3
- Net rating: +27.2/+37.7
Those numbers might come down to earth tonight, but this is the lineup – along with plenty of minutes with Manu Ginobili replacing Green – that gives the Spurs their best chance to win.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 10
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0