Jun 10, 2014, 8:42 PM EDT
How much longer can San Antonio keep him out of the starting lineup?
About another 20 minutes.
Diaw lifts the Spurs’ offense through his passing. He’s a huge mismatch – able to pull bigger defenders to the 3-point arc and post-up smaller one. San Antonio is so much more threatening offensively with him on the court.
San Antonio should maximize the minutes Diaw and Kawhi Leonard play together against LeBron, so Leonard can guard LeBron and Diaw can play a fundamental offensive role. On the other end, Diaw can try to hide on Rashard Lewis.
- Minutes: 104/22
- Offensive rating: 112.6/141.1
- Defensive rating: 85.3/103.3
- Net rating: +27.2/+37.7
Those numbers might come down to earth tonight, but this is the lineup – along with plenty of minutes with Manu Ginobili replacing Green – that gives the Spurs their best chance to win.
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 3
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 2
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 21
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 10
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 7