Jun 10, 2014, 8:42 PM EDT
How much longer can San Antonio keep him out of the starting lineup?
About another 20 minutes.
Diaw lifts the Spurs’ offense through his passing. He’s a huge mismatch – able to pull bigger defenders to the 3-point arc and post-up smaller one. San Antonio is so much more threatening offensively with him on the court.
San Antonio should maximize the minutes Diaw and Kawhi Leonard play together against LeBron, so Leonard can guard LeBron and Diaw can play a fundamental offensive role. On the other end, Diaw can try to hide on Rashard Lewis.
- Minutes: 104/22
- Offensive rating: 112.6/141.1
- Defensive rating: 85.3/103.3
- Net rating: +27.2/+37.7
Those numbers might come down to earth tonight, but this is the lineup – along with plenty of minutes with Manu Ginobili replacing Green – that gives the Spurs their best chance to win.
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 13
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 36
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 26
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2