Jun 9, 2014, 4:15 PM EST
Is there anything Gregg Popovich can scheme, any steps the Spurs can come up with to slow LeBron James?
That’s the first question Kay Adams throws at me in today’s PBT Extra, one where I am on the phone from San Antonio (right before heading to the airport and Miami). We talk NBA Finals and who has the edge after the first two games.
It has to be Miami, which has yet to lose at home these playoffs. San Antonio has to find a way to steal one on the road.
The problem, as Popovich noted in his press conference, is that you can double LeBron and take the ball out of his hands, but then he finds the open man and someone like Chris Bosh knocks down a key shot. There are no easy, good answers for the Spurs.
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 49
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 14
- Report: Danny Ainge telling other teams he won’t trade Rajon Rondo 13
- PBT Extra: How would the NBA benefit from legalized sports betting? 2
- NBPA ready to appeal Jeffery Taylor’s 24-game suspension 12
- Alex Len, No. 5 pick in a draft full of players who looked like busts as rookies, showing he doesn’t deserve the label 5