Jun 9, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
Is there anything Gregg Popovich can scheme, any steps the Spurs can come up with to slow LeBron James?
That’s the first question Kay Adams throws at me in today’s PBT Extra, one where I am on the phone from San Antonio (right before heading to the airport and Miami). We talk NBA Finals and who has the edge after the first two games.
It has to be Miami, which has yet to lose at home these playoffs. San Antonio has to find a way to steal one on the road.
The problem, as Popovich noted in his press conference, is that you can double LeBron and take the ball out of his hands, but then he finds the open man and someone like Chris Bosh knocks down a key shot. There are no easy, good answers for the Spurs.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37