Jun 9, 2014, 11:59 AM EDT
SAN ANTONIO — The San Antonio Spurs remain the team that better uses their system to extract the most from their players, they are the coach’s dream where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
But the Heat have LeBron James.
That was enough to even the NBA Finals at 1-1. LeBron went off for 35 points on 64 percent shooting and carried the Heat to the Game 2 win.
In the video above you see how LeBron’s game just took what the Spurs gave him. In the first half they were more up in his face, playing him tight, so he put the ball on the floor and drove to the rim. At halftime the Spurs adjusted, played back on him to take away those drives and he just drained jumper after jumper. What else can the Spurs do?
“Well, you can go double him if you want,” Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said after the game, when asked why they didn’t. “He’s a pretty good player. I’m going to guess he’s going to find the open man.”
LeBron did that too, with Chris Bosh in the corner for a three that put Miami ahead for the night.
PBT Extra: Who has upper hand in NBA Finals now?
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 7
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 12
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 44
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31