Jun 9, 2014, 5:02 PM EST
I’m often slow to blame players for flopping, because most accusations assume players have perfect body control. I’m wary about charging intent when, sometimes, players just lose their balance.
No need to give the benefit of the doubt here.
Dwyane Wade was standing still with the ball in the second quarter of Game 2 when Manu Ginobili went for a steal. Ginobili might have nicked the ball, but he sure didn’t hit Wade, who jerked his head back and held his face while feigning pain.
That flop got Wade a couple free throws and a $5,000 fine from the NBA.
Dan Patrick Show: Flopping too big an issue in today’s NBA
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 0
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 11
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 28
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 58
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13