Jun 9, 2014, 5:02 PM EDT
I’m often slow to blame players for flopping, because most accusations assume players have perfect body control. I’m wary about charging intent when, sometimes, players just lose their balance.
No need to give the benefit of the doubt here.
Dwyane Wade was standing still with the ball in the second quarter of Game 2 when Manu Ginobili went for a steal. Ginobili might have nicked the ball, but he sure didn’t hit Wade, who jerked his head back and held his face while feigning pain.
That flop got Wade a couple free throws and a $5,000 fine from the NBA.
Dan Patrick Show: Flopping too big an issue in today’s NBA
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 0
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 79
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36