Jun 9, 2014, 5:02 PM EDT
I’m often slow to blame players for flopping, because most accusations assume players have perfect body control. I’m wary about charging intent when, sometimes, players just lose their balance.
No need to give the benefit of the doubt here.
Dwyane Wade was standing still with the ball in the second quarter of Game 2 when Manu Ginobili went for a steal. Ginobili might have nicked the ball, but he sure didn’t hit Wade, who jerked his head back and held his face while feigning pain.
That flop got Wade a couple free throws and a $5,000 fine from the NBA.
Dan Patrick Show: Flopping too big an issue in today’s NBA
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 20
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 20
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 49