Jun 9, 2014, 5:02 PM EDT
I’m often slow to blame players for flopping, because most accusations assume players have perfect body control. I’m wary about charging intent when, sometimes, players just lose their balance.
No need to give the benefit of the doubt here.
Dwyane Wade was standing still with the ball in the second quarter of Game 2 when Manu Ginobili went for a steal. Ginobili might have nicked the ball, but he sure didn’t hit Wade, who jerked his head back and held his face while feigning pain.
That flop got Wade a couple free throws and a $5,000 fine from the NBA.
Dan Patrick Show: Flopping too big an issue in today’s NBA
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 2
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 2
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 2
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15