Jun 9, 2014, 5:02 PM EDT
I’m often slow to blame players for flopping, because most accusations assume players have perfect body control. I’m wary about charging intent when, sometimes, players just lose their balance.
No need to give the benefit of the doubt here.
Dwyane Wade was standing still with the ball in the second quarter of Game 2 when Manu Ginobili went for a steal. Ginobili might have nicked the ball, but he sure didn’t hit Wade, who jerked his head back and held his face while feigning pain.
That flop got Wade a couple free throws and a $5,000 fine from the NBA.
Dan Patrick Show: Flopping too big an issue in today’s NBA
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 1
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 31
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40