Jun 6, 2014, 7:59 AM EDT
UPDATE: Friday morning Gatorade issued an apology for its comments about LeBron James and hydration.
It should be noted that there is much more to cramping than hydration alone, that LeBron could have had plenty of hydration and still cramped. He has a history of cramping issues.
SAN ANTONIO — Gatorade is an NBA sponsor (look what is on the NBA’s interview podium postgame).
However, LeBron James is sponsored by rival Powerade.
That would be the same LeBron James who cramped up and barely played the final 7:31 of the Heat’s Game 1 loss to the Spurs. Immediately some on twitter started questioning Gatorade’s official account, and whoever runs the Gatorade account pulled no punches.
Dwyane Wade is a Gatorade client, and he finished the game.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 37
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18