Jun 6, 2014, 7:59 AM EDT
UPDATE: Friday morning Gatorade issued an apology for its comments about LeBron James and hydration.
It should be noted that there is much more to cramping than hydration alone, that LeBron could have had plenty of hydration and still cramped. He has a history of cramping issues.
SAN ANTONIO — Gatorade is an NBA sponsor (look what is on the NBA’s interview podium postgame).
However, LeBron James is sponsored by rival Powerade.
That would be the same LeBron James who cramped up and barely played the final 7:31 of the Heat’s Game 1 loss to the Spurs. Immediately some on twitter started questioning Gatorade’s official account, and whoever runs the Gatorade account pulled no punches.
Dwyane Wade is a Gatorade client, and he finished the game.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 20
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 38
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85