Jun 6, 2014, 7:59 AM EST
UPDATE: Friday morning Gatorade issued an apology for its comments about LeBron James and hydration.
It should be noted that there is much more to cramping than hydration alone, that LeBron could have had plenty of hydration and still cramped. He has a history of cramping issues.
SAN ANTONIO — Gatorade is an NBA sponsor (look what is on the NBA’s interview podium postgame).
However, LeBron James is sponsored by rival Powerade.
That would be the same LeBron James who cramped up and barely played the final 7:31 of the Heat’s Game 1 loss to the Spurs. Immediately some on twitter started questioning Gatorade’s official account, and whoever runs the Gatorade account pulled no punches.
Dwyane Wade is a Gatorade client, and he finished the game.
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 1
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 8
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 15