Jun 6, 2014, 7:59 AM EDT
UPDATE: Friday morning Gatorade issued an apology for its comments about LeBron James and hydration.
It should be noted that there is much more to cramping than hydration alone, that LeBron could have had plenty of hydration and still cramped. He has a history of cramping issues.
SAN ANTONIO — Gatorade is an NBA sponsor (look what is on the NBA’s interview podium postgame).
However, LeBron James is sponsored by rival Powerade.
That would be the same LeBron James who cramped up and barely played the final 7:31 of the Heat’s Game 1 loss to the Spurs. Immediately some on twitter started questioning Gatorade’s official account, and whoever runs the Gatorade account pulled no punches.
Dwyane Wade is a Gatorade client, and he finished the game.
- LeBron makes emotional return to Cleveland tonight, new Nike ad shows city standing together (VIDEO) 28
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 12
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 26
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 23
- Rajon Rondo leads Celtics to rout of Nets. How much does it mean? 9
- Bulls cruise to 24-point opening night win over Knicks 17
- Lakers’ rookie Julius Randle has surgery to repair fractured tibia, out for season 16
- Anthony Davis has zero chance of winning MVP this season 39