Jun 6, 2014, 7:59 AM EDT
UPDATE: Friday morning Gatorade issued an apology for its comments about LeBron James and hydration.
It should be noted that there is much more to cramping than hydration alone, that LeBron could have had plenty of hydration and still cramped. He has a history of cramping issues.
SAN ANTONIO — Gatorade is an NBA sponsor (look what is on the NBA’s interview podium postgame).
However, LeBron James is sponsored by rival Powerade.
That would be the same LeBron James who cramped up and barely played the final 7:31 of the Heat’s Game 1 loss to the Spurs. Immediately some on twitter started questioning Gatorade’s official account, and whoever runs the Gatorade account pulled no punches.
Dwyane Wade is a Gatorade client, and he finished the game.
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 0
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 2
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 48
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 26
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58