Jun 6, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
What’s the point listing every NBA team? The Timberwolves have surely gotten more offers than they can count.
Flip Saunders, via Sid Hartman of the StarTribune:
“We probably have 16 teams that have called us,” Saunders said, regarding interest in Love around the league. “We haven’t called anybody.”
What are the other 13 teams doing?
Love’s outside-inside game, great rebounding and sterling passing make him a great fit on any team offensively. He need work defensively, but his offense makes him a major contributor.
It’s very difficult to win big in the NBA without a star (or two or three), and Love is one. Many teams lack the ammo to trade for him, but it’s still not clear exactly what Minnesota is seeking.
At least give Flip a call to inquire.
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 2
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 11
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 48
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 60
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 89
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17