PBT Extra: NBA Finals preview, Heat vs. Spurs

Jun 5, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT

If I was gifted at predicting sporting events, including the NBA, I’d be living in a 5,000 square foot home in Las Vegas.

Kay Adams  reminds me that I predicted a Clippers/Pacers NBA Finals to kick off this PBT Extra, then we get into the fun of a rematch of one of the best Finals in recent years.

We talk about Tony Parker‘s ankle and how that’s a concern, but I’m still taking the Spurs in this series. Miami has not defended like the team that  won back-to-back titles, and now they go against the first team they have seen these playoffs that will quickly pass out of the double team and find the open man. I think that catches up with the Heat.

But take my predictive abilities for what they are worth.

1. jaydm84 - Jun 5, 2014 at 9:14 AM

Probably worth as much as mine. I got heat in 6.

• tomshoe - Jun 5, 2014 at 1:23 PM

Spurs are better.

Heat are just older.

Spurs in 6.

2. aboogy123456 - Jun 5, 2014 at 9:46 AM

I’m so excited to see basketball played at the highest level tonight. Both teams, the Heat and Spurs, play smart team basketball and are strong mentally, so it really just comes down to the X’s and O’s. I’m tired of seeing mentally weak teams like the Pacers, or a group of talented players who don’t know how to play like a team, like the Thunder. This series is great for real basketball fans, I got the spurs winning.

3. klownboy - Jun 5, 2014 at 10:12 AM

I’ve got the Heat three-peating, winning in six games.

• aboogy123456 - Jun 5, 2014 at 10:27 AM

nice blog! I think that while Wade is healthy, his lack of three point shooting was an issue in last year’s finals, and Lebron had more space to operate with Wade on the bench. I think Kawhi on Lebron will be huge this series, and I think that Kawhi can do just enough to tilt the series in the spurs favor.

4. jzone954 - Jun 5, 2014 at 10:34 AM

Or Lebron can use it to his advantage and get Leonard in foul trouble early, last year miami settled for too many jumpers due to injury and Bosh not being his self. If I’m Lebron and Wade , I’m driving all game and makin them respect it. To be perfectly honest, this series will be won on the freethrow line.

5. wallabear - Jun 5, 2014 at 10:50 AM

Three-Peat Heat in Six. FInals MVP: Bosh-o-saurus.

6. 1972wasalongtimeago - Jun 5, 2014 at 5:01 PM

Does this thing work?

Will LeBron get booed Christmas Day in Miami?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches