Jun 4, 2014, 4:31 PM EDT
Zach LaVine, one of the three Bruins who could go in the first round of the NBA Draft later this month, was at the Lakers’ facility working out and they tweeted out this photo.
To answer your question, he tested with a 46″ vertical leap at the Lakers workout.
Damn. That’s higher than the already impressive Andrew Wiggins vertical.
Of course, LaVine having elite athleticism has never been the question. What scouts are divided over is whether he is basically just an AAU player or if he can develop the needed skills and discipline to make it in the NBA.
Somebody is going to draft him late in the first round, early in the second, making a bet that he can develop. However high he can jump, don’t expect him to be impacting NBA games for a few years
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 2
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 3
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 19
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4