Jun 4, 2014, 3:53 PM EDT
As noted here before, officially the Timberwolves are saying the don’t know if they are going to trade Kevin Love, but behind closed doors they are checking out their options, getting a feel for what would be available if they make a move.
Just don’t expect that move to happen soon.
Minnesota has a few reasons to be patient and Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports reports one of the big ones.
There is no coach on the market that is going to sway Love’s mind (certainly not Vinny Del Negro). Minnesota will have to make a move, but it has no reason to rush the process right now.
Everything that happens up until a week before the draft is posturing. Kevin Love visiting Boston, rumors of what Golden State will or will not offer, the Sacramento Kings wanting in whether Love will stick around or not, it’s all just posturing. A feeling out process. This is the dancing around in the first couple minutes of a boxing match before both sides get serious and start to throw punches with a real intent.
The week before the draft the talks will get serious.
Before that, the Timberwolves will take one more shot at getting Love to change his mind. Good luck with that.
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 8
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 37
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 34
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 58
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25