Jun 4, 2014, 3:53 PM EDT
As noted here before, officially the Timberwolves are saying the don’t know if they are going to trade Kevin Love, but behind closed doors they are checking out their options, getting a feel for what would be available if they make a move.
Just don’t expect that move to happen soon.
Minnesota has a few reasons to be patient and Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports reports one of the big ones.
There is no coach on the market that is going to sway Love’s mind (certainly not Vinny Del Negro). Minnesota will have to make a move, but it has no reason to rush the process right now.
Everything that happens up until a week before the draft is posturing. Kevin Love visiting Boston, rumors of what Golden State will or will not offer, the Sacramento Kings wanting in whether Love will stick around or not, it’s all just posturing. A feeling out process. This is the dancing around in the first couple minutes of a boxing match before both sides get serious and start to throw punches with a real intent.
The week before the draft the talks will get serious.
Before that, the Timberwolves will take one more shot at getting Love to change his mind. Good luck with that.
- Three coaches who could replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 1
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 13
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 61
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 72
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 22
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 43