Jun 4, 2014, 3:53 PM EDT
As noted here before, officially the Timberwolves are saying the don’t know if they are going to trade Kevin Love, but behind closed doors they are checking out their options, getting a feel for what would be available if they make a move.
Just don’t expect that move to happen soon.
Minnesota has a few reasons to be patient and Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports reports one of the big ones.
There is no coach on the market that is going to sway Love’s mind (certainly not Vinny Del Negro). Minnesota will have to make a move, but it has no reason to rush the process right now.
Everything that happens up until a week before the draft is posturing. Kevin Love visiting Boston, rumors of what Golden State will or will not offer, the Sacramento Kings wanting in whether Love will stick around or not, it’s all just posturing. A feeling out process. This is the dancing around in the first couple minutes of a boxing match before both sides get serious and start to throw punches with a real intent.
The week before the draft the talks will get serious.
Before that, the Timberwolves will take one more shot at getting Love to change his mind. Good luck with that.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 24
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 27
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8