Jun 3, 2014, 7:16 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• New Orleans is known for great seafood, though sushi is not the first thing to come to mind. But Anthony Davis as a sushi chef is what Boost Mobile thought would sell phones.
• Patrick Ewing would love to coach the Knicks. Somebody should give him a shot before recycling Vinny Del Negro.
• I am sick of former Jordan era Bulls (or Showtime Lakers or 80s Celtics) coming out and saying “our teams could beat the Heat” or some variant of that. The Lakers said that about the Bulls, the 50s Celtics probably said that about everybody. Anyway, Horace Grant said the Bulls could beat the Heat. Different teams from different eras and different rule sets, kind of a pointless argument. But we Americans love pointless arguments.
• First round pick to be Rodney Hood is working on getting stronger.
• The Spanish language voice of the Lakers (the team broadcasts its games in three languages) is suing the team for discrimination and harassment.
• We close with Sasha Vujacic hitting a lot of jumpers in a row in an empty gym. His ability to shoot the rock was never really the question.
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 0
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 9
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 41
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 55
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 17