Jun 3, 2014, 9:25 AM EDT
One of the victims in the horrific double-stabbing of two children sweeping the news was the cousin of Bulls forward and Brooklyn native Taj Gibson.
A 6-year-old boy was stabbed to death and a 7-year-old girl was seriously wounded when they were attacked by a maniac with a butcher knife while heading out to get a snack in Brooklyn.
Prince Joshua Avitto, 6, and Mikayla Capers, 7, were in an elevator together when they were hacked and stabbed multiple times in the random 6 p.m. attack, law-enforcement sources said.
Six-year-old Prince “P.J.” Avitto is the cousin of Chicago Bulls power forward Taj Gibson. He died from his injuries.
Gibson posted this picture on Instagram:
They killed my lil super man. #rippj only two more weeks until your 7 birthday. Tears forever this can’t be life #foreversuperman #babycuzz
Our thoughts and prayers go out to Gibson, the rest of Avitto’s family, Capers and her family.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 20
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 20
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 49