Jun 3, 2014, 9:25 AM EDT
One of the victims in the horrific double-stabbing of two children sweeping the news was the cousin of Bulls forward and Brooklyn native Taj Gibson.
A 6-year-old boy was stabbed to death and a 7-year-old girl was seriously wounded when they were attacked by a maniac with a butcher knife while heading out to get a snack in Brooklyn.
Prince Joshua Avitto, 6, and Mikayla Capers, 7, were in an elevator together when they were hacked and stabbed multiple times in the random 6 p.m. attack, law-enforcement sources said.
Six-year-old Prince “P.J.” Avitto is the cousin of Chicago Bulls power forward Taj Gibson. He died from his injuries.
Gibson posted this picture on Instagram:
They killed my lil super man. #rippj only two more weeks until your 7 birthday. Tears forever this can’t be life #foreversuperman #babycuzz
Our thoughts and prayers go out to Gibson, the rest of Avitto’s family, Capers and her family.
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under two hours, players barely notice 0
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 9
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 6
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 30
- Suns coach Hornacek says shortening games won’t help teams rest their stars 2
- Lakers coach Byron Scott’s philosophy on three-pointers: ‘I don’t believe it wins championships’ 33
- Accounting for Klay Thompson choosing a contract extension over new-TV-deal money 2
- Kobe Bryant calls ESPN voters who ranked him No. 40 ‘idiots’ 34