Jun 3, 2014, 9:25 AM EDT
One of the victims in the horrific double-stabbing of two children sweeping the news was the cousin of Bulls forward and Brooklyn native Taj Gibson.
A 6-year-old boy was stabbed to death and a 7-year-old girl was seriously wounded when they were attacked by a maniac with a butcher knife while heading out to get a snack in Brooklyn.
Prince Joshua Avitto, 6, and Mikayla Capers, 7, were in an elevator together when they were hacked and stabbed multiple times in the random 6 p.m. attack, law-enforcement sources said.
Six-year-old Prince “P.J.” Avitto is the cousin of Chicago Bulls power forward Taj Gibson. He died from his injuries.
Gibson posted this picture on Instagram:
They killed my lil super man. #rippj only two more weeks until your 7 birthday. Tears forever this can’t be life #foreversuperman #babycuzz
Our thoughts and prayers go out to Gibson, the rest of Avitto’s family, Capers and her family.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 6
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10