Jun 3, 2014, 9:25 AM EDT
One of the victims in the horrific double-stabbing of two children sweeping the news was the cousin of Bulls forward and Brooklyn native Taj Gibson.
A 6-year-old boy was stabbed to death and a 7-year-old girl was seriously wounded when they were attacked by a maniac with a butcher knife while heading out to get a snack in Brooklyn.
Prince Joshua Avitto, 6, and Mikayla Capers, 7, were in an elevator together when they were hacked and stabbed multiple times in the random 6 p.m. attack, law-enforcement sources said.
Six-year-old Prince “P.J.” Avitto is the cousin of Chicago Bulls power forward Taj Gibson. He died from his injuries.
Gibson posted this picture on Instagram:
They killed my lil super man. #rippj only two more weeks until your 7 birthday. Tears forever this can’t be life #foreversuperman #babycuzz
Our thoughts and prayers go out to Gibson, the rest of Avitto’s family, Capers and her family.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 68
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32