Jun 3, 2014, 9:25 AM EDT
One of the victims in the horrific double-stabbing of two children sweeping the news was the cousin of Bulls forward and Brooklyn native Taj Gibson.
A 6-year-old boy was stabbed to death and a 7-year-old girl was seriously wounded when they were attacked by a maniac with a butcher knife while heading out to get a snack in Brooklyn.
Prince Joshua Avitto, 6, and Mikayla Capers, 7, were in an elevator together when they were hacked and stabbed multiple times in the random 6 p.m. attack, law-enforcement sources said.
Six-year-old Prince “P.J.” Avitto is the cousin of Chicago Bulls power forward Taj Gibson. He died from his injuries.
Gibson posted this picture on Instagram:
They killed my lil super man. #rippj only two more weeks until your 7 birthday. Tears forever this can’t be life #foreversuperman #babycuzz
Our thoughts and prayers go out to Gibson, the rest of Avitto’s family, Capers and her family.
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 2
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 1
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 52
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6