Jun 3, 2014, 8:34 PM EDT
Sources say free agent Paul Gasol is being recruited by Elmo to join the Sesame Street team next season. Insert your own joke here about how Sesame Street is less of a circus than Mike D’Antoni’s Lakers last year.
The NBA has a running tradition with the educational children’s show, going back to Dr. J and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar up through Carmelo Anthony, Blake Griffin and now Pau Gasol. Dwight Howard seemed to fit in especially well, but I guess that shouldn’t be a surprise.
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 17
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 40
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 22
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 19
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 12
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 23