Jun 3, 2014, 8:34 PM EDT
Sources say free agent Paul Gasol is being recruited by Elmo to join the Sesame Street team next season. Insert your own joke here about how Sesame Street is less of a circus than Mike D’Antoni’s Lakers last year.
The NBA has a running tradition with the educational children’s show, going back to Dr. J and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar up through Carmelo Anthony, Blake Griffin and now Pau Gasol. Dwight Howard seemed to fit in especially well, but I guess that shouldn’t be a surprise.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 9
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 69
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30