Jun 3, 2014, 8:45 AM EDT
Maiko Maya King claims she both had a romantic relationship with Donald Sterling from 2005 to 2011 and also worked for his foundation.
But, in a new lawsuit, she says he fired her after she refused to have sex with him. Oh, there are other claims, too.
The lawsuit alleges that Sterling asked King, “How could you be married to a black man?” and referenced her children by saying, “Why would you bring black people into the world?”
King says that Sterling told her in December 2013 that he needed her to be his personal assistant and caretaker.
King said Sterling had agreed to pay her $10,000 a month but “dangled money only if she would have sex with him.”
“He confided in her that he had difficulty having sexual relations and that he was bored with V.,” according to the lawsuit.
King also alleges Sterling made racist comments about Latinos. “Mexicans just do drive by shootings,” the lawsuit claims Sterling said.
It’s certainly possible this lawsuit – filed by attorney Gloria Allred – is an opportunistic attempt to exploit the unpopular Sterling. For what it’s worth, Sterlings’ attorney denied everything.
But it also wouldn’t be surprising if all King’s claims are true.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 28
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 42
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4