Jun 3, 2014, 8:45 AM EDT
Maiko Maya King claims she both had a romantic relationship with Donald Sterling from 2005 to 2011 and also worked for his foundation.
But, in a new lawsuit, she says he fired her after she refused to have sex with him. Oh, there are other claims, too.
The lawsuit alleges that Sterling asked King, “How could you be married to a black man?” and referenced her children by saying, “Why would you bring black people into the world?”
King says that Sterling told her in December 2013 that he needed her to be his personal assistant and caretaker.
King said Sterling had agreed to pay her $10,000 a month but “dangled money only if she would have sex with him.”
“He confided in her that he had difficulty having sexual relations and that he was bored with V.,” according to the lawsuit.
King also alleges Sterling made racist comments about Latinos. “Mexicans just do drive by shootings,” the lawsuit claims Sterling said.
It’s certainly possible this lawsuit – filed by attorney Gloria Allred – is an opportunistic attempt to exploit the unpopular Sterling. For what it’s worth, Sterlings’ attorney denied everything.
But it also wouldn’t be surprising if all King’s claims are true.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 41
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 5
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5