Jun 3, 2014, 8:45 AM EDT
Maiko Maya King claims she both had a romantic relationship with Donald Sterling from 2005 to 2011 and also worked for his foundation.
But, in a new lawsuit, she says he fired her after she refused to have sex with him. Oh, there are other claims, too.
The lawsuit alleges that Sterling asked King, “How could you be married to a black man?” and referenced her children by saying, “Why would you bring black people into the world?”
King says that Sterling told her in December 2013 that he needed her to be his personal assistant and caretaker.
King said Sterling had agreed to pay her $10,000 a month but “dangled money only if she would have sex with him.”
“He confided in her that he had difficulty having sexual relations and that he was bored with V.,” according to the lawsuit.
King also alleges Sterling made racist comments about Latinos. “Mexicans just do drive by shootings,” the lawsuit claims Sterling said.
It’s certainly possible this lawsuit – filed by attorney Gloria Allred – is an opportunistic attempt to exploit the unpopular Sterling. For what it’s worth, Sterlings’ attorney denied everything.
But it also wouldn’t be surprising if all King’s claims are true.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 15
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 40
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19