Jun 3, 2014, 8:45 AM EDT
Maiko Maya King claims she both had a romantic relationship with Donald Sterling from 2005 to 2011 and also worked for his foundation.
But, in a new lawsuit, she says he fired her after she refused to have sex with him. Oh, there are other claims, too.
The lawsuit alleges that Sterling asked King, “How could you be married to a black man?” and referenced her children by saying, “Why would you bring black people into the world?”
King says that Sterling told her in December 2013 that he needed her to be his personal assistant and caretaker.
King said Sterling had agreed to pay her $10,000 a month but “dangled money only if she would have sex with him.”
“He confided in her that he had difficulty having sexual relations and that he was bored with V.,” according to the lawsuit.
King also alleges Sterling made racist comments about Latinos. “Mexicans just do drive by shootings,” the lawsuit claims Sterling said.
It’s certainly possible this lawsuit – filed by attorney Gloria Allred – is an opportunistic attempt to exploit the unpopular Sterling. For what it’s worth, Sterlings’ attorney denied everything.
But it also wouldn’t be surprising if all King’s claims are true.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 4
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43