Jun 3, 2014, 8:45 AM EDT
Maiko Maya King claims she both had a romantic relationship with Donald Sterling from 2005 to 2011 and also worked for his foundation.
But, in a new lawsuit, she says he fired her after she refused to have sex with him. Oh, there are other claims, too.
The lawsuit alleges that Sterling asked King, “How could you be married to a black man?” and referenced her children by saying, “Why would you bring black people into the world?”
King says that Sterling told her in December 2013 that he needed her to be his personal assistant and caretaker.
King said Sterling had agreed to pay her $10,000 a month but “dangled money only if she would have sex with him.”
“He confided in her that he had difficulty having sexual relations and that he was bored with V.,” according to the lawsuit.
King also alleges Sterling made racist comments about Latinos. “Mexicans just do drive by shootings,” the lawsuit claims Sterling said.
It’s certainly possible this lawsuit – filed by attorney Gloria Allred – is an opportunistic attempt to exploit the unpopular Sterling. For what it’s worth, Sterlings’ attorney denied everything.
But it also wouldn’t be surprising if all King’s claims are true.
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 1
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 1
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 14
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10