Jun 3, 2014, 3:05 PM EDT
Miami went through a practice at their training facility Tuesday before hopping on a plane to the city where the women all hate Charles Barkley.
The Birdman Chris Andersen did not practice with them, but is traveling to San Antonio with the crew. Here is what the Heat posted on Instagram:
Before taking off for San Antonio later this afternoon – your @MiamiHEAT went through a morning practice today inside @AmericanAirlinesArena. Chris Andersen (who was held out of yesterday’s practice) was limited to conditioning today.
Andersen had a bruised thigh that forced him to sit out a game against the Indiana Pacers — a series where Andersen’s size was desperately needed. Or at least so everyone thought, turns out the Pacers couldn’t keep up with the small Heat lineups.
The Heat are being cautious, expect Andersen to play in Game 1 — he was good enough to go in Game 6 against Indiana, putting up nine points and grabbing 10 rebounds in just 13 minutes on the court. He’ll be fine after a week off.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 28
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18