Jun 2, 2014, 4:27 PM EDT
Indiana and Oklahoma are teams on the cusp — Oklahoma City was a legitimate title contender come the playoffs, the Pacers looked like it the first half of the season but lost their way.
So how do they take the next step? That’s what Kay Adams and I discuss in the latest edition of PBT Extra.
In neither case should you expect a big shake up — both coaches are staying put (most likely, it’s not official with Brooks yet) and both teams are already over the salary cap line so they are not going on a spending spree. The moves will be minor (Larry Bird said as much about the Pacers).
Still, if you are the Pacers, what do you do about Lance Stephenson, how much do you offer him? If you are the Thunder, how do you provide more structure for your role players and better depth. There are no easy answers.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 19
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28