Jun 2, 2014, 4:27 PM EDT
Indiana and Oklahoma are teams on the cusp — Oklahoma City was a legitimate title contender come the playoffs, the Pacers looked like it the first half of the season but lost their way.
So how do they take the next step? That’s what Kay Adams and I discuss in the latest edition of PBT Extra.
In neither case should you expect a big shake up — both coaches are staying put (most likely, it’s not official with Brooks yet) and both teams are already over the salary cap line so they are not going on a spending spree. The moves will be minor (Larry Bird said as much about the Pacers).
Still, if you are the Pacers, what do you do about Lance Stephenson, how much do you offer him? If you are the Thunder, how do you provide more structure for your role players and better depth. There are no easy answers.
- Paul George tweets: “I’ll be ok and be back better than ever” 0
- Paul George leaves USA Basketball Showcase with severe lower leg injury, remainder of scrimmage canceled 74
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 24
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49