Jun 2, 2014, 4:27 PM EST
Indiana and Oklahoma are teams on the cusp — Oklahoma City was a legitimate title contender come the playoffs, the Pacers looked like it the first half of the season but lost their way.
So how do they take the next step? That’s what Kay Adams and I discuss in the latest edition of PBT Extra.
In neither case should you expect a big shake up — both coaches are staying put (most likely, it’s not official with Brooks yet) and both teams are already over the salary cap line so they are not going on a spending spree. The moves will be minor (Larry Bird said as much about the Pacers).
Still, if you are the Pacers, what do you do about Lance Stephenson, how much do you offer him? If you are the Thunder, how do you provide more structure for your role players and better depth. There are no easy answers.
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 6
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 8
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 40
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 14
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 54
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 6
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 18