Jun 2, 2014, 4:27 PM EDT
Indiana and Oklahoma are teams on the cusp — Oklahoma City was a legitimate title contender come the playoffs, the Pacers looked like it the first half of the season but lost their way.
So how do they take the next step? That’s what Kay Adams and I discuss in the latest edition of PBT Extra.
In neither case should you expect a big shake up — both coaches are staying put (most likely, it’s not official with Brooks yet) and both teams are already over the salary cap line so they are not going on a spending spree. The moves will be minor (Larry Bird said as much about the Pacers).
Still, if you are the Pacers, what do you do about Lance Stephenson, how much do you offer him? If you are the Thunder, how do you provide more structure for your role players and better depth. There are no easy answers.
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 0
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 12
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14