Jun 2, 2014, 4:27 PM EDT
Indiana and Oklahoma are teams on the cusp — Oklahoma City was a legitimate title contender come the playoffs, the Pacers looked like it the first half of the season but lost their way.
So how do they take the next step? That’s what Kay Adams and I discuss in the latest edition of PBT Extra.
In neither case should you expect a big shake up — both coaches are staying put (most likely, it’s not official with Brooks yet) and both teams are already over the salary cap line so they are not going on a spending spree. The moves will be minor (Larry Bird said as much about the Pacers).
Still, if you are the Pacers, what do you do about Lance Stephenson, how much do you offer him? If you are the Thunder, how do you provide more structure for your role players and better depth. There are no easy answers.
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 0
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 1
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 4
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 12
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 9
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 20
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43