Jun 2, 2014, 1:41 PM EDT
The NBA turned 68 this year, if formally formed just after World War II.
To celebrate that 1946 birth, it will release a limited-edition NBA-branded shoe — the NBA Anniversary 2014. There will only be 1,946 made (see what they did with the tie in there?).
The shoe features colors in the NBA logo (and American Flag — red, white and blue — with 30 stars on the heel commemorate the league’s 30 teams.
NBA Commissioner Adam Silver will autograph the first pair of shoes, which will be auctioned live on June 6. The proceeds will benefit NBA Cares community partners. Personally, I’d pay just to see Adam Silver rock a pair of these shoes (while still in a suit, of course).
These shoes are aimed at the collector. So where do you get them? The NBA Store on Fifth Avenue in New York City, or online at NBAStore.com, NBA’s official WeChat account “nbashoes” in China, NBATienda.com in Mexico, NBAStore.in in India, and NBA Shop in Taipei.
Suggested retail is $119.
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36