Jun 1, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
One key thing that is different between the 2014 Heat/Spurs matchup and the 2013 version — the format.
The NBA has broken away from the 2-3-2 and is returning to the 2-2-1-1-1 format. How big might that be? If this were in place a year ago the legendary Game 6 (Ray Allen‘s stepback three game) would have taken place in San Antonio. And likely ended differently.
Here is your schedule for the 2014 Finals. All times listed are Eastern.
Game 1 – Thursday at San Antonio 9:00PM ABC
Game 2 – Sunday at San Antonio 8:00PM ABC
Game 3 – June 10 at Miami 9:00PM ABC
Game 4 – June 12 at Miami 9:00PM ABC
Game 5 * June 15 at San Antonio 8:00PM ABC
Game 6 * June 17 at Miami 9:00PM ABC
Game 7 * June 20 at San Antonio ABC
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37