Set your DVRs, here is your NBA Finals schedule

Jun 1, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT

Miami Heat Victory Parade And Rally Getty Images

One key thing that is different between the 2014 Heat/Spurs matchup and the 2013 version — the format.

The NBA has broken away from the 2-3-2 and is returning to the 2-2-1-1-1 format. How big might that be? If this were in place a year ago the legendary Game 6 (Ray Allen‘s stepback three game) would have taken place in San Antonio. And likely ended differently.

Here is your schedule for the 2014 Finals. All times listed are Eastern.

Game 1 – Thursday at San Antonio 9:00PM ABC
Game 2 – Sunday at San Antonio 8:00PM ABC
Game 3 – June 10 at Miami 9:00PM ABC
Game 4 – June 12 at Miami 9:00PM ABC
Game 5 * June 15 at San Antonio 8:00PM ABC
Game 6 * June 17 at Miami 9:00PM ABC
Game 7 * June 20 at San Antonio ABC

1. ajw21 - Jun 1, 2014 at 9:43 AM

Enough talk. Spurs fan here but tired of all the of predicitions in the other articles. Get the popcorn ready and enjoy watching the 2 best teams! Thursday can’t come fast enough!

• buffalowned - Jun 1, 2014 at 10:23 AM

I agree. Everyone has their opinion but it’s kind of useless reading predictions at this point. Plenty of people taking the Heat and plenty of people taking the Spurs. I think most can agree it’s going 6 or 7 so let’s just enjoy it.

• vikes69 - Jun 1, 2014 at 10:52 AM

how is this the 2 best teams? The heat had the 7th best regular season record in the nba, except they had a cake walk to the finals.

• buffalowned - Jun 1, 2014 at 12:21 PM

You can’t be serious…

2. loubearkane - Jun 1, 2014 at 9:49 AM

3 weeks to complete a series possibly , wow.

• buffalowned - Jun 1, 2014 at 10:16 AM

15 days… if the ECF went 7 it would have been 14 days. Nothing new, they just switched game 7 to Friday instead of Thursday to give them an extra off day. I’m guessing it’s because they want to see a great game 7 where last year both teams were exhausted at that point. Plus with the 2-2-1-1-1 the teams would have to travel in between.

3. kghane - Jun 1, 2014 at 10:22 AM

I’m so pumped for this series!!! Spurs will be looking to avenge last year while Miami will be trying to seal their place in history. Heat are my favorite team, but I don’t care who wins as long as the series is a good one! Thursday needs to hurry up.

• cantonb0und13 - Jun 1, 2014 at 1:19 PM

Heat are you’re favorite team, but you don’t care who wins? Bandwagon alert!

• kghane - Jun 1, 2014 at 8:05 PM

You do not know the definition of “bandwagon”, dude. A bandwagon is one who flips from team to team based on how much success obtained. I already explained on the other article that I enjoy watching San Antonio play, & I would love to see Timmy get another ring and potentially end his career on a good note. Miami has been my favorite team for almost a decade now, so of course I’ll be rooting for them to win it all. But it wouldn’t bother me if San Antonio won because I don’t let losses get to me. You move on, you live, you learn. In the end, it wouldn’t matter who won the series as long as I get to enjoy the game I love. Now if loving to watch elite basketball is “bandwagoning”, then I guess I don’t know anything.

4. mnsadsportsfan - Jun 1, 2014 at 10:57 AM

Would have really like to see the heat actually play a tough team on their way to the finals. They have not had to go deep and exert any of there stars/roster. The playoff record thus far is more indicative of the weak schedule and not their dominance. Bobcats, Nets and Pacers… Need I say anymore?

• thekiller678 - Jun 1, 2014 at 4:31 PM

Right because Miami had to run through such a tough gauntlet in the East the previous 2 post-seasons.

Miami is arguably in better shape this year than last. Wade is healthy and I believe that team last year was burned out after that win streak.

5. bjf59 - Jun 1, 2014 at 11:01 AM

Why are Sunday games so late at night? And why is only Game 7 on a Friday or Saturday night? Poor scheduling, some of us like to go to these places called a sports bar to watch these games!

6. loubearkane - Jun 1, 2014 at 11:02 AM

Hope everyone is completely healthy on Thursday so no excuses either side.

7. progress2011 - Jun 1, 2014 at 11:13 AM

It will be a good series if:

1. The players are allowed to determine the outcome
    2. The ref’s have not been gambling in Vegas and have not been paid to determine outcomes
    3. The refs allow the players to play, while making consistent calls against/for both teams
    4. The refs keep their whistles in their pockets and enjoy the game

Play Ball !

8. bat42boy - Jun 1, 2014 at 12:02 PM

Who cares! This is baseball season. Basketball ended with the NCAA championship game!

• jimeejohnson - Jun 1, 2014 at 12:13 PM

Idiot: this is Stanley Cup Finals time. Baseball is for chumps who can’t skate!

• kb2408 - Jun 1, 2014 at 12:40 PM

Who is Stanley? And what’s this about his cup?

9. 00maltliquor - Jun 1, 2014 at 12:55 PM

I just want to take the time and congratulate the 2013-14 Miami Heat on their 3rd straight Finals Championship. It was a good series and the Spurs gave them all they could. Congrats.

• Miami305 - Jun 2, 2014 at 2:36 AM

What a great post! Put a smile on my face.

• Miami305 - Jun 2, 2014 at 2:36 AM

What a great post! Put a smile on my face.

10. 1972wasalongtimeago - Jun 1, 2014 at 12:56 PM

I think it goes 7 and comes down to a couple makes or misses. And I think I’m going to have to watch the games with my cardiologist, psychiatrist, chiropractor, and bartender.

11. moppop - Jun 1, 2014 at 3:27 PM

I’m looking for some great basketball. This is a great matchup and good story-line. I shall be watching! Even though the Heat beat the Pacers into the ground, I bare no ill will…just gimme some basketball!

Stephenson goes elsewhere for his future
Top 10 NBA Player Searches