Jun 1, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
One key thing that is different between the 2014 Heat/Spurs matchup and the 2013 version — the format.
The NBA has broken away from the 2-3-2 and is returning to the 2-2-1-1-1 format. How big might that be? If this were in place a year ago the legendary Game 6 (Ray Allen‘s stepback three game) would have taken place in San Antonio. And likely ended differently.
Here is your schedule for the 2014 Finals. All times listed are Eastern.
Game 1 – Thursday at San Antonio 9:00PM ABC
Game 2 – Sunday at San Antonio 8:00PM ABC
Game 3 – June 10 at Miami 9:00PM ABC
Game 4 – June 12 at Miami 9:00PM ABC
Game 5 * June 15 at San Antonio 8:00PM ABC
Game 6 * June 17 at Miami 9:00PM ABC
Game 7 * June 20 at San Antonio ABC
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 27
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18