May 30, 2014, 10:31 PM EDT
First, Stephenson tried to get a rise out of LeBron James with a smack to the face during a dead ball situation:
And then, he later committed a foul on Norris Cole that could have easily resulted in an ejection given the way Stephenson went straight for Cole’s head — but the play was ultimately ruled a flagrant-one by the officials instead.
The Heat weren’t rattled by Stephenson’s antics, and in fact, it’s likely they played at least some role in Miami running away from the Pacers early, and taking a 26-point lead into the halftime intermission.
But Udonis Haslem was not amused.
One of the league’s few legitimate tough guys had words for Stephenson on the sideline, letting him know in his own way that there would be consequences if Stephenson continued down the path of taking cheap shots at Haslem’s teammates.
“I’m going to f— you up,” Haslem clearly said, followed by either “That’s real” or “I swear,” depending on your current level of lip-reading skills.
Haslem didn’t play at all in the first half, but he may get some run in garbage time if the game remains this out of hand. It’s unlikely he does anything that would earn him a suspension that would carry over into the Finals, but the threat is real, and Stephenson likely knows it.
[Haslem clip via Isaac, Guyism.com]
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 3
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 10
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 4
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18