May 30, 2014, 4:21 PM EDT
Chris Andersen had played productive, meaningful minutes for the Heat in two of their three wins against the Pacers in the Eastern Conference Finals.
Miami won Game 4 without him thanks to a big game from Chris Bosh, but dropped Game 5, when Indiana killed the Heat in the paint and on the boards, while Paul George got loose for 37 points in an effort that extended the Pacers’ season.
Andrsen missed shootaround on Friday, and is considred a game-time decision for Game 6.
Andersen was held out of the Heat’s shootaround this morning and will be a game-time decision for Game 6 of the Eastern Conference finals. Tipoff is at 8:30 p.m. (ESPN). On Wednesday, Birdman said he was improving and no longer walked with a limp.
“It’s mobility,” Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said on Wednesday. “He doesn’t have much of it right now. It is getting a little bit better, but he doesn’t have a whole lot of mobility.”
A painful contusion has limited Andersen’s mobility since Game 3. He finished Game 3, a victory for the Heat, but hasn’t played since.
The Heat have already won once without Andersen in this series, and are likely to do so in Game 6 whether he plays or not. As long as LeBron James returns to his normal self and isn’t limited to just seven points in 24 minutes of action due to excessive foul trouble the way he was on Wednesday, Miami is going to like its chances.
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 0
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 15
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 7
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 16
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6