May 29, 2014, 9:59 AM EDT
That’s Lance being Lance.
And it’s going to cost him $5,000.
The Pacers have turned the keys to their offense over to Lance Stephenson more and more this season, and with that you get good and bad Lance. He is a gifted athlete who can get in the lane and score on just about any defender (he was a big part of the Pacers Game 5 win), but he can also be selfish with the ball (he really was the second half of the season after not making the All-Star Team).
And when he gets emotionally into a game he does some odd things. Like blow in LeBron James’ ear. Or jump into a Heat huddle.
Or try to draw a foul on LeBron James with an epic flop.
It didn’t work and you can bet in the next 48 hours the league will give Stephenson another $5,000 fine for flopping. And he should just write the check and accept it, because that was about as blatant a flop as you are going to see.
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 17
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 32
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 26
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 14
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 56
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 91
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12