May 29, 2014, 9:59 AM EDT
That’s Lance being Lance.
And it’s going to cost him $5,000.
The Pacers have turned the keys to their offense over to Lance Stephenson more and more this season, and with that you get good and bad Lance. He is a gifted athlete who can get in the lane and score on just about any defender (he was a big part of the Pacers Game 5 win), but he can also be selfish with the ball (he really was the second half of the season after not making the All-Star Team).
And when he gets emotionally into a game he does some odd things. Like blow in LeBron James’ ear. Or jump into a Heat huddle.
Or try to draw a foul on LeBron James with an epic flop.
It didn’t work and you can bet in the next 48 hours the league will give Stephenson another $5,000 fine for flopping. And he should just write the check and accept it, because that was about as blatant a flop as you are going to see.
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 1
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 13
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 23
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 24