May 29, 2014, 9:59 AM EDT
That’s Lance being Lance.
And it’s going to cost him $5,000.
The Pacers have turned the keys to their offense over to Lance Stephenson more and more this season, and with that you get good and bad Lance. He is a gifted athlete who can get in the lane and score on just about any defender (he was a big part of the Pacers Game 5 win), but he can also be selfish with the ball (he really was the second half of the season after not making the All-Star Team).
And when he gets emotionally into a game he does some odd things. Like blow in LeBron James’ ear. Or jump into a Heat huddle.
Or try to draw a foul on LeBron James with an epic flop.
It didn’t work and you can bet in the next 48 hours the league will give Stephenson another $5,000 fine for flopping. And he should just write the check and accept it, because that was about as blatant a flop as you are going to see.
- It’s done: Kevin Love traded to Cavaliers, Andrew Wiggins headed to Minnesota in three-team deal 2
- Steve Nash called Kobe Bryant a “mother f****** a******” but in a good way 5
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 28
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 80
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54