May 29, 2014, 9:59 AM EDT
That’s Lance being Lance.
And it’s going to cost him $5,000.
The Pacers have turned the keys to their offense over to Lance Stephenson more and more this season, and with that you get good and bad Lance. He is a gifted athlete who can get in the lane and score on just about any defender (he was a big part of the Pacers Game 5 win), but he can also be selfish with the ball (he really was the second half of the season after not making the All-Star Team).
And when he gets emotionally into a game he does some odd things. Like blow in LeBron James’ ear. Or jump into a Heat huddle.
Or try to draw a foul on LeBron James with an epic flop.
It didn’t work and you can bet in the next 48 hours the league will give Stephenson another $5,000 fine for flopping. And he should just write the check and accept it, because that was about as blatant a flop as you are going to see.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29