May 28, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• In general players oppose Commissioner Adam Silver’s goal of raising of the NBA age limit — not that they will stop the league from doing it, so long as the players union gets something in return. It’s always a negotiation.
Nerlens Noel, who left Kentucky as a one-and-done, had an interesting take on the age limit — it’s a good idea, just not for me. Here is what he said over the weekend on ESPN Radio 97.3 in South New Jersey, when on with Matt Hammond:
“I don’t think it’s the worst idea. But the one year of college was definitely the best thing for me… I think it’s a good idea but then again the one year was enough for me and the other guys making the move and being successful with it. But Adam Silver is a great commissioner and he’s doing what’s in the best interest of the next generation.”
• All the reports that come out of Minnesota say that the Timberwolves are not that eager to trade Kevin Love, not in a rushed fashion. It’s the leaks from agents and other interested teams that are the big fuel for this trade conversation right now.
• If you read one thing today, it should be this Seattle Times look at how far Robert Swift has fallen.
• Not that you asked, but I really don’t think LeBron is leaving Miami this summer. Right now, he is in legacy building mode, he needs rings. At the end of the day, who is he going to trust to build or maintain a contender around him more than Pat Riley, who is trying to recruit young men with money to live in Miami (in a state with no sales tax)? Would you trust Dan Gilbert to succeed at this more than you would Riley? James Dolan? LeBron knows where his best chance of winning remains.
• Great look at Grantland at the history of NBA posters.
• If you are looking for a good breakdown of Donald Sterling’s legal arguments, here you go.
• Lineup changes for the Spurs in Game 5? Don’t be shocked to see more Corey Joseph, he earned it.
• Great post at Nets Daily on the “arms race” of teams building practice facilities. Everyone is upgrading, like college football facilities it’s part of the recruiting process (for the NBA it’s recruiting free agents).
• If you want to buy this go ahead, I’m not sure I do — Kyrie Irving is going to sign a max, five-year deal if it’s put in front of him.
• Tornike Shengelia, who was released by the Bulls in April, has signed a three-year deal to play with Baskonia of Spain.
- PBT Extra: Rockets must adjust to new Mavericks starting lineup in Game 5 0
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 4
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 13
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 11
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 6
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 40
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 6