May 28, 2014, 6:41 PM EDT
Tiago Splitter is a big, powerful center. He doesn’t go down easily and can absorb a lot of physicality.
Except when Serge Ibaka touched him near the elbow with 7:30 left in the second quarter of Game 4 Tuesday night. Ibaka put his hand on Splitter’s chest to create a little space so he could receive the pass and Splitter went down like Glass Joe.
Wednesday the NBA responded with a $5,000 flopping fine for Splitter.
It was well earned. That’s a flop.
As we like to mention here, the fine is so small that should Splitter decide a flop could help his cause in getting a future call he would do it again without hesitation. Especially in a key playoff game like the next one coming up for the Spurs (who are tied with the Thunder 2-2).
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 22
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 30
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16