May 28, 2014, 6:41 PM EST
Tiago Splitter is a big, powerful center. He doesn’t go down easily and can absorb a lot of physicality.
Except when Serge Ibaka touched him near the elbow with 7:30 left in the second quarter of Game 4 Tuesday night. Ibaka put his hand on Splitter’s chest to create a little space so he could receive the pass and Splitter went down like Glass Joe.
Wednesday the NBA responded with a $5,000 flopping fine for Splitter.
It was well earned. That’s a flop.
As we like to mention here, the fine is so small that should Splitter decide a flop could help his cause in getting a future call he would do it again without hesitation. Especially in a key playoff game like the next one coming up for the Spurs (who are tied with the Thunder 2-2).
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 2
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11