May 28, 2014, 6:41 PM EDT
Tiago Splitter is a big, powerful center. He doesn’t go down easily and can absorb a lot of physicality.
Except when Serge Ibaka touched him near the elbow with 7:30 left in the second quarter of Game 4 Tuesday night. Ibaka put his hand on Splitter’s chest to create a little space so he could receive the pass and Splitter went down like Glass Joe.
Wednesday the NBA responded with a $5,000 flopping fine for Splitter.
It was well earned. That’s a flop.
As we like to mention here, the fine is so small that should Splitter decide a flop could help his cause in getting a future call he would do it again without hesitation. Especially in a key playoff game like the next one coming up for the Spurs (who are tied with the Thunder 2-2).
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 41
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 5
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5