May 28, 2014, 6:41 PM EST
Tiago Splitter is a big, powerful center. He doesn’t go down easily and can absorb a lot of physicality.
Except when Serge Ibaka touched him near the elbow with 7:30 left in the second quarter of Game 4 Tuesday night. Ibaka put his hand on Splitter’s chest to create a little space so he could receive the pass and Splitter went down like Glass Joe.
Wednesday the NBA responded with a $5,000 flopping fine for Splitter.
It was well earned. That’s a flop.
As we like to mention here, the fine is so small that should Splitter decide a flop could help his cause in getting a future call he would do it again without hesitation. Especially in a key playoff game like the next one coming up for the Spurs (who are tied with the Thunder 2-2).
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 5
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 25
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36