May 28, 2014, 1:35 PM EDT
This is the “tape it up and get back out there” part of the playoffs.
That’s just what Thunder guard Reggie Jackson says he plans to do.
Jackson sprained his right ankle on a drive to the basket just three minutes into Game 4 and it was a nasty, bone almost touching the floor turn. He hobbled down to the defensive end then fouled Danny Green to stop play before heading straight to the locker room. Jackson got it taped up and played eight minutes of the third quarter — he wasn’t his explosive self but he did knock down a three and dish out a couple assists. Coach Scott Brooks said he took Jackson out because it was too painful for Jackson to continue.
But Jackson told Jenni Carlson of the Oklahoman he will be ready to go in Game 5 Thursday night in San Antonio.
“It’s not really a big deal,” Jackson said. “No excuse. I think a lot of people about this time (of the postseason) have a bum ankle or a ding up. Just play through it.”
So, he’ll be good to go in Game 5?
“I’m good to go tonight,” he said. “I would’ve played the entire game if I had to. I’d have found a way.”
Brooks turned to Jeremy Lamb with Jackson out and Lamb played well, his best game of the series. That’s huge, but now the Thunder need both Jackson and Lamb to play that well on the road, in San Antonio. Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook will do what they do, but it’s when the other players have good games that the Thunder become a force of nature.
Jackson is going to give it a go Thursday, he is going to try to be part of that.
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 13
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 9
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15