May 28, 2014, 1:35 PM EDT
This is the “tape it up and get back out there” part of the playoffs.
That’s just what Thunder guard Reggie Jackson says he plans to do.
Jackson sprained his right ankle on a drive to the basket just three minutes into Game 4 and it was a nasty, bone almost touching the floor turn. He hobbled down to the defensive end then fouled Danny Green to stop play before heading straight to the locker room. Jackson got it taped up and played eight minutes of the third quarter — he wasn’t his explosive self but he did knock down a three and dish out a couple assists. Coach Scott Brooks said he took Jackson out because it was too painful for Jackson to continue.
But Jackson told Jenni Carlson of the Oklahoman he will be ready to go in Game 5 Thursday night in San Antonio.
“It’s not really a big deal,” Jackson said. “No excuse. I think a lot of people about this time (of the postseason) have a bum ankle or a ding up. Just play through it.”
So, he’ll be good to go in Game 5?
“I’m good to go tonight,” he said. “I would’ve played the entire game if I had to. I’d have found a way.”
Brooks turned to Jeremy Lamb with Jackson out and Lamb played well, his best game of the series. That’s huge, but now the Thunder need both Jackson and Lamb to play that well on the road, in San Antonio. Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook will do what they do, but it’s when the other players have good games that the Thunder become a force of nature.
Jackson is going to give it a go Thursday, he is going to try to be part of that.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 5
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43