May 28, 2014, 1:35 PM EDT
This is the “tape it up and get back out there” part of the playoffs.
That’s just what Thunder guard Reggie Jackson says he plans to do.
Jackson sprained his right ankle on a drive to the basket just three minutes into Game 4 and it was a nasty, bone almost touching the floor turn. He hobbled down to the defensive end then fouled Danny Green to stop play before heading straight to the locker room. Jackson got it taped up and played eight minutes of the third quarter — he wasn’t his explosive self but he did knock down a three and dish out a couple assists. Coach Scott Brooks said he took Jackson out because it was too painful for Jackson to continue.
But Jackson told Jenni Carlson of the Oklahoman he will be ready to go in Game 5 Thursday night in San Antonio.
“It’s not really a big deal,” Jackson said. “No excuse. I think a lot of people about this time (of the postseason) have a bum ankle or a ding up. Just play through it.”
So, he’ll be good to go in Game 5?
“I’m good to go tonight,” he said. “I would’ve played the entire game if I had to. I’d have found a way.”
Brooks turned to Jeremy Lamb with Jackson out and Lamb played well, his best game of the series. That’s huge, but now the Thunder need both Jackson and Lamb to play that well on the road, in San Antonio. Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook will do what they do, but it’s when the other players have good games that the Thunder become a force of nature.
Jackson is going to give it a go Thursday, he is going to try to be part of that.
- Adjusting for playoff rotations round two: Watch out for the Wizards 0
- Hobbled Chris Paul, Clippers’ role players do just enough to dethrone Spurs in Game 7 17
- Chris Paul banks in game winner to lift Clippers past Spurs (VIDEO) 25
- Report: Bulls’ Mike Dunleavy won’t be suspended for Game 1 against Cavaliers 22
- PBT Extra: Can Clippers build on Game 6 win? 2
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Derrick Rose got it done on both ends in first round 2
- Hawks eliminate Nets from playoffs with blowout victory in Game 6 9
- PBT Extra: Clash of styles favors Warriors over Grizzlies 4