May 28, 2014, 3:39 PM EDT
You thought Donald Sterling really didn’t want to fight and was just going to let his wife sell the team? Have you paid attention to Sterling’s life?
No, through his attorney he has promised to take this to court and “fight to the bloody end” in his response to the NBA’s charges against him. His wife Shelly Sterling is still working to sell the team, while the NBA itself moves forward with plans for a vote next Tuesday that would remove Sterling as the owner of the Clippers and give the league control of the team and the process of selling it.
Kay Adams and I get into the “As the Sterlings Turn” soap opera in this latest PBT Extra. We talk about what’s next — the federal court system after he is voted out — and then who might ultimately buy the team.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 41
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 5
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5