May 28, 2014, 3:39 PM EDT
You thought Donald Sterling really didn’t want to fight and was just going to let his wife sell the team? Have you paid attention to Sterling’s life?
No, through his attorney he has promised to take this to court and “fight to the bloody end” in his response to the NBA’s charges against him. His wife Shelly Sterling is still working to sell the team, while the NBA itself moves forward with plans for a vote next Tuesday that would remove Sterling as the owner of the Clippers and give the league control of the team and the process of selling it.
Kay Adams and I get into the “As the Sterlings Turn” soap opera in this latest PBT Extra. We talk about what’s next — the federal court system after he is voted out — and then who might ultimately buy the team.
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 11
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 4
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 31
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 21