May 28, 2014, 3:39 PM EDT
You thought Donald Sterling really didn’t want to fight and was just going to let his wife sell the team? Have you paid attention to Sterling’s life?
No, through his attorney he has promised to take this to court and “fight to the bloody end” in his response to the NBA’s charges against him. His wife Shelly Sterling is still working to sell the team, while the NBA itself moves forward with plans for a vote next Tuesday that would remove Sterling as the owner of the Clippers and give the league control of the team and the process of selling it.
Kay Adams and I get into the “As the Sterlings Turn” soap opera in this latest PBT Extra. We talk about what’s next — the federal court system after he is voted out — and then who might ultimately buy the team.
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 0
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 26
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 22
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 26