May 28, 2014, 3:39 PM EDT
You thought Donald Sterling really didn’t want to fight and was just going to let his wife sell the team? Have you paid attention to Sterling’s life?
No, through his attorney he has promised to take this to court and “fight to the bloody end” in his response to the NBA’s charges against him. His wife Shelly Sterling is still working to sell the team, while the NBA itself moves forward with plans for a vote next Tuesday that would remove Sterling as the owner of the Clippers and give the league control of the team and the process of selling it.
Kay Adams and I get into the “As the Sterlings Turn” soap opera in this latest PBT Extra. We talk about what’s next — the federal court system after he is voted out — and then who might ultimately buy the team.
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 11
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 22
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 12
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 30