May 28, 2014, 3:39 PM EDT
You thought Donald Sterling really didn’t want to fight and was just going to let his wife sell the team? Have you paid attention to Sterling’s life?
No, through his attorney he has promised to take this to court and “fight to the bloody end” in his response to the NBA’s charges against him. His wife Shelly Sterling is still working to sell the team, while the NBA itself moves forward with plans for a vote next Tuesday that would remove Sterling as the owner of the Clippers and give the league control of the team and the process of selling it.
Kay Adams and I get into the “As the Sterlings Turn” soap opera in this latest PBT Extra. We talk about what’s next — the federal court system after he is voted out — and then who might ultimately buy the team.
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 0
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 23
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 45
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 54
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23